A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there *any* Audi dealers who will install a hitch at the time of auto purchase?
Old 06-23-2021, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by east village
Are there *any* Audi dealers who will install a hitch at the time of auto purchase?
It seems incredibly unlikely since it is not a dealer option in NA
Old 06-26-2021, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shaf
I had the Stealth hitch installed on my 21 Allroad by an independent service facility. The dealer wanted a fortune to do it.. T install only took 2 hours labor and was easy. The cutting needed is minor and the instructions are excellent. It is a quality product and fits perfectly and can’t be seen when not in use. The factory cross member is removed and replaced with the hitch.

I did have a bit of trouble finding someone to do the work. Two hitch places would not do it almost as there was a war between them and Stealth. Audi should offer a solution but doesn’t so Stealth seem to e the only solution. I currently only use mine for bikes so didn’t need the tow bar option but you can get it later.
If it’s not too much trouble, can you please share some pics of your Stealth Hitch with and without the receiver installed on your A6 Allroad? I’m curious as to just how stealthy it really is on this car.

Also, any issues with the hands-free “kick to open” rear hatch functionality after you had the stealth hitch installed?

I don’t plan on towing anything but just need the hitch receiver to mount a bike carrier, which seems ideal for it.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 358 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
If it’s not too much trouble, can you please share some pics of your Stealth Hitch with and without the receiver installed on your A6 Allroad? I’m curious as to just how stealthy it really is on this car.

Also, any issues with the hands-free “kick to open” rear hatch functionality after you had the stealth hitch installed?

I don’t plan on towing anything but just need the hitch receiver to mount a bike carrier, which seems ideal for it.
If it’s at all like the one for the B8.5 allroad it is invisible unless the ball or bike carrier is attached. The first three pics are recent pictures of the back of our now sold B8.5 allroad. Hitch is under the back bumper. There is a very slight visible lighter aluminum line visible under the bumper where the installers cut the car to creat the space for the hitch. They didn’t do such a great job actually.

The last photo is the hitch in use with a small uhaul trailer.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:46 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 358 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by shaf
I had the Stealth hitch installed on my 21 Allroad by an independent service facility. The dealer wanted a fortune to do it.. T install only took 2 hours labor and was easy. The cutting needed is minor and the instructions are excellent. It is a quality product and fits perfectly and can’t be seen when not in use. The factory cross member is removed and replaced with the hitch.

I did have a bit of trouble finding someone to do the work. Two hitch places would not do it almost as there was a war between them and Stealth. Audi should offer a solution but doesn’t so Stealth seem to e the only solution. I currently only use mine for bikes so didn’t need the tow bar option but you can get it later.
Does your side assist still work? How about back upsystem, specifically the beeping as you get near something.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I went full euro for c8 Allroad trailer hitch. Got European version for Allroad with pneumatic suspension. Couple more weeks and my brother is coming visit me and will bring it with him. Is too heavy to send via mail or ups.
I assume none of the dealers here in USA will want to install it so it will be my weekend project.

it is full set. Swivel ball with all controllers. Got it from Audi dealership in Poland.

after installation there will be no indication of hitch when folded. With press of the button it will come out from under the body and only thing I will have to do is to lock it with my hands.

will update when received/installed
The following 4 users liked this post by rafikiraf:
east village (07-08-2021), Jasafour (06-03-2022), JBT3 (07-04-2021), Turboale (07-07-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing capacity

I've read the various threads on trailer hitches for the (C8) A6 Allroad but have not seen anything on the final towing capacity. Does anyone have any specs on the towing capacity? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It baffles me that the A6 allroad does not come with a trailer hitch option. Seems like the perfect vehicle for this. Sure it as a DCT that may not be preferred for towing, but most people just add on a bike rake anyways.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by rafikiraf
I went full euro for c8 Allroad trailer hitch. Got European version for Allroad with pneumatic suspension. Couple more weeks and my brother is coming visit me and will bring it with him. Is too heavy to send via mail or ups.
I assume none of the dealers here in USA will want to install it so it will be my weekend project.

it is full set. Swivel ball with all controllers. Got it from Audi dealership in Poland.
How many can he fit in his bag??
The following 2 users liked this post by Turboale:
east village (07-08-2021), JBT3 (07-10-2021)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question on 2022:

Is the Stealth Hitch still an option? AKA did the 2022 change anything that would prevent a 2021 solution from working?

I have a 2019 A7 and going to trade for a A6 wagon, but only to get the trailer hitch. As much of the discussion on the thread on why Audi does not offer it on the A6, there is NO OPTION on the A7.

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: 2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch