A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Disappointment with my 2006 A4 Cab

Old 08-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointment with my 2006 A4 Cab

I would like to use this forum to express my extreme disappointment in my 2006 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I purchased my A4 from Anchor Audi in Lynbrook New York who also have been servicing it since my purchase. Unfortunately, I have had nothing but problems with this car from the AC to the roof to major problems like having to replace the ignition coil 2 times which caused the car to shake violently, and even as far as electrical problems that took Anchor Audi almost 2 days to figure out. It has been one nighmare after the other since my purchase and Anchor Audi has not made the road any less bumpy. You are treated like just another number not only by Anchor Audi but also by Roadside Assistance. Please don't think you have anything special when you buy your car and the salesman tells you that you have 24 hour roadside assistance in case of emergency. When I was on vacation and the car started to shake violently and I called roadside assistance, they left me and my family out in the street for several hours...stranded because of the incompetence they employ to tow a disabled vehicle. They had Spray City Towing and Collision in Staten Island New York contact me to have us towed to the dealership. Needless to say after being told we would be picked up in about 2 or 3 hours....some 20 or so hours later, Spray City Towing refused to pick up the vehicle stating that they were doing Audi roadside assistance a favor by even doing their tows. I have had several conversations with Audi and their roadside assistance service since May of this year, and all they could offer for the inconvienence of me and my family for almost 20 hours at the start of a weekend away, was 2 $25.00 gas cards and absolutely nothing was done to the tow truck company for his negligence. If anyone feels the same way I do...fed up with Audi... please contact me at the email address in this post. Will be stringing lemons across my car that will be parked in front of Anchor Audi in the near future.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New or Used purchase?

Did you know each cyl. has its own coil? They do fail, its technology.

Did you also know that ALL ROADSIDE ASSITANCE for every brand of car is brokered to AAA or Cross Country Motor Club?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: New or Used purchase?

New purchase not that it's any of your business. FYI if Anchor Audi had did the right thing in the first place and replaced all of the coils instead of just one, I would not have been stranded on the street again with my family with the same problem only 3 months later. How would you like to drive a new $50,000 Audi and have absolutely no confidence getting on an highway without thinking this was going to happen again. Now go back and relay this message to whoever your family is at Anchor Audi. Funny I had the same conversation with them today hmmmmm.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have no family at Anchor, I am simply

a satisfied customer. Unfortuantly you are not.
The question was simply asked for clarification as a used car has different guidelines than a new one.

I was looking to tell you my experience on how to get things done with Audi, but you seem to be willing to bite a hand that may be able to help. Is this your goal?

Its interesting that you first came to this forum you were all proud of your purchase back in October of 06. But you never continued you just dissapeared. Had you continued here you would have asked and read how best to go about warranty problems with a dealer and how to talk with AOA.

The forums of Audiworld are LOADED with many insightfull and experieinced peole who are always willing to help.

It seems, all you wish to do is rant and rave in a forum that is populated by those who love, respect and perhaps understand the brand and the servicing of it.

No dealer can just replace 6 coilpaks because one of them went. AoA will not allow such a warranty repair. 1 goes and is replace. If it happens again, they can replace all. There have ben recalls for CP back in 04.

You can also drive slowly with a blown pack. Its only 1 of 6 (3.0) or 1 of 4 in the case of the 1.8T/2.0T

And our Cab has been stranded in NYC waiting for Roadside with my wife alone in the rain. The cause was specifically due to a mistake made my an employee of Anchor. This does not mean they stink. It means a mistake was made and can get corrected and it was with no problem.

I'm sorry I can't validate you sour feelings. I was hoping to help.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I can understand Audi1479's anger

It is hard to believe that Audi has not found a solution to the coil pack problem. Buying a new expensive car and having it leave you stranded along the road within the first year of ownership, just is not going to cut it for customers who can afford a car in this price range - especially with mechanically flawless brands like Lexus being an alternative. I bought my Audi because of the superb styling and the quality of its ride and overall fit and finish. Only after buying the car did I learn of problems that I can expect with peeling finishes on switches (the two buttons to move the seats back and forth have peeled in my first two years of ownership), coil pack failures, radio not working in sub 0 temperatures and possible CVT issues. With the exception of the potential CVT problems I can live with these issues because this is the best looking convertible on the market - one that I can be happy with for several years. I usually keep my cars for at least 15 years. But if there was a more reliable option out there that had the same quality of design but better reliability I would trade in a minute.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You're not going to get much help, or sympathy, from people here with that

"not that it's any of your business" attitude.
That's a VERY valid question in relation to your troubles.

We're here to help and put things into perspective. If you just want to use this as a medium to vent about your troubles, you need to search elsewhere.

We've all heard horror stories of poor dealership service, so you're not enlightening anyone. There are plenty of similar posts on these forums.

So, if you want a sympathetic ear, you're going about it the wrong way. Your tone in both your letter to AoA and your response to Paulroad won't get you far in either case.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: I can understand Audi1479's anger

are there any factory recalls on the 2003 cab 1.8T CVT? I recently replaced my CVT transmission after 57k on the car. AoA would not help at all and hit my pocket for $8500. I need someone to convince me that this car is worth keeping. I an really considering trading this car for a BMW 3series cab. I also have a '01 S4 with 350hp original turbo and love it.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

get a 335i cab. :-)