A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Repost for Day Crowd.Serious Trouble with my A4.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repost for Day Crowd.Serious Trouble with my A4.

Guys I am in some serious need for some help with my car. The A4 is acting up on me and i ain't to happy about it. First off the car shudders when my APR chip is on. Also when accelerating the car shudders. It use to do it in stock mode but every so often it does a bit. Next thing on the list of my car problems is the turbo timer its posessed or something it refuses to work properly. I think it is some wire cause it comes on and off. If you play around with the wires under the steering wheel it wil go on and off so i have NOOOOOOOO idea. the last problem is some issue with my sub and rear deck speakers but i think i can get that sorted out myself.

I've tried to solve the problem with the shuddering and have gotten nowhere. My mechanic says its the diverter valve. I call up stratmosphere andthen blame it on APR. Call up APR and guess who they bame it on Stratmosphere and the diverter valve. I wanted the car in top condition for Waterfest but it seems as if its not willing to cooperate. So if any of you guys can help i would really appreciate it. Like check the car out or anything lol. I am desperate at this time.

***EDIT*** I forgot my blinkers ain't wrking right either thinking its the relay. They want to blink sometimes and not want to others.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK..........

First of all, lose the turbo timer. Who knows what sort of electrical gremlins that POS is causing.

Second of all, you probably have an air leak after the MAF that's causing the shuddering. Pressure test it. VAG it and check for codes too. Tell us what you are getting.

Third, throw out that POS diverter valve and get a TT one.

Fourth, get a new mechanic.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Most sound like easy fixes to me

For the turbo timer, what you are describing are the symptoms of a bad wire connection. If you installed it yourself, check all the connection to make sure there is solid contact between the wires from the turbo timer and the ignition. Also check the ground point.

You also clearly have a bad BPV (diverter valve), so get a 710n for $30 and replace the blown one. Deal with getting the blown one serviced/replaced later once your car is running properly.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thread jack: what happened to your sway bar?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL

those nuts weren't going anywhere. I even tried cutting one of them in half to just pry it off and they wouldn't even budge after being cut in half! So I did a little quick AW search and found out that the OEM swaybar endlinks (connecting the sway bar ends to the rear control arm) are crap plastic, and they would end up flexing with the 19mm bar. So I cut the bolts and hopped on the phone with Todd@AWE, I ordered a set of the CPP upgraded swaybar links. Should be here tomorrow, just in time for Waterfest. Driving without the swaybar is interesting to say the least...
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just had the same issue with my turn signals

Dealer replaced the emergency flasher button/relay under warranty. I can look up the part number tonight if you need it.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Lol thanks guysTristanP if you can get me the part # that would be great,

I don't have a Vag unfortunately. I had my mechanic vag the car some time ago when the problems started and he said that he didn't get any codes so LaserK04 I think I will get rid of him lol. Anybody in the CT area wanna help me vag my car b4 waterfest.As for the BPV i don't know what i am going to do at this time. I can wait till Waterfest and get Strat to replace it or just buy the TT b4 Waterfest. what do you guy reccomend. If i get the valve i think i wil get it from clair or should i get it from somewhere else. The relay I will get asap and replace myself if i get the chance. Then its just my Amp and rear deck speakers and sub that need a fixin and the car will be runnin in Tip top shape.Again guys thanks and if anybody could help me vag my car i would appreciate it.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I live in RI, I can troubleshoot it for you. Email me.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Part # 8D0-941-509-H-01C for the Emergency Flasher Relay