A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not a 1.8T air filter housing. More like an old Chevy. This is all so made up.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong...

OK first dont try to start ..yet hah hah
You'll need-
gasoline x 1 gallon-
10-W30 oil about 9 quarts-
oil filter x 2-
mineral spirits(big bottle please)
something to drain oil into(pan)
engine oil type cleaner x 4-

1.Next I would jack the car up and take out drain plug-
2.let drain, then proceed with pouring gasoline
into the oil fill cap(this will help remove the sand deposit as we'll call it)and let it run through into your drain pan-make sure theres room in the pan for what comes out-lol
3.take off oil filter now and run more gas through the engine(NOT RUNNING!)(NO START)
leave filter off for now( Id ont car if gas comes out the oil filter tube-We're cleaning here
4.I would locate the oil cooler if it has one and disconnect that sinece theres no oil in the car yet and use mineral spirits to clean the oil cooler out- comprende`?
5.Now reinstall the oil cooler, oil filter and fill with 2 bottles of the cleaner and maybe a quart of oil-
6.Now Id start and see what happens-
One thing! If the sand got between a bearing a a journal somewhere(most likely) The motor could be locked up- I'd at least try this stuff my self first-
Old 03-26-2003, 03:51 AM

Default to counteract the coarseness of the sand particals, add some cement. Its finer

remember to add some water to the sand/cement mix to keep your engine cool during the porting process.

You could also add some sugar in the gas tank to help make the engine run sweeter.

This should add at least 45BHP at the rear wheels
Old 03-26-2003, 04:54 AM

Default Made it to Ramchargercentral.com

this post made it all the way over to Ramcharger Central (www.ramchargercentral.com)<ul><li><a href="http://www.ramchargercentral.com">http://www.ramchargercentral.com</a</li></ul>
Old 03-26-2003, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OMG, you're stoopid!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Rest In Peace

LOL !!!!!!!! ^^^^ this post is even dumber than the original!!!!^^^^
Old 03-26-2003, 11:48 AM

Default He just did it wrong...

Apparently this guy didn't know what he was doing. The "Live Port and Polish" as we REAL mechanics call it can only be properly done if you intake the abrasive material THROUGH an air flow meter. The ECU can not determine how much abrasive has been inducted, and therefore may not evenly erode the ports if the material does not pass through a working AFM.

And it's not a real Port &amp; Polish if you leave out the polish. After completing the 'Live Port', then its time for the 'Live Polish'. Since this part can take a while, it's ok to rev the motor above 5k RPM (rotories can go to 6k, however pushrod motors are recommended not to exceed 4k). Block off the exhaust with a golfball (or for riceboys, a basketball). At the same place that you introduced the abrasive to the engine (still through an AFM), pop open a can of Turtle Wax or Never Dull. Let the engine suck it up. Since the exhaust is blocked off, the engine will circulate the polish, and give the internals that 'new car' look. Polishing the inside of the motor has the same effect as waxing the outside of the car. It improves airflow over the surfaces to make less resistance and allow for higher speeds. The polishing typically takes about an hour or so. Lucky turbo owners will notice it only takes about half that time to finish their cars since the turbo forces the polish around faster.
I'm sorry to hear about the guy whose friend didnt know the proper way of doing it, but better luck next time. I suggest that if he wants to learn the ways to proerly 'mod' a car, then pick up a rice magazine that has pictures of big wheels, huge exhausts (and sometimes, you'll find dual exhaust pipes on your dodge neon!), useless wings, 'slammed rides', 'dope ICE', and that sort of stuff.
Good luck on your upcoming suicide!

Just to let everyone know, I know good and well that whoever did this was joking.. and a great one it was.. I found this link on a Mazda MX-3 group. By far one of the best hoaxes I've ever seen!
Old 03-26-2003, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong...

Wow i think this post is going around the web. guys over at the madza GTX group got a kick out of this one.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sir! Please step away from the vehicle.............

Drive it to the junkyard before you can molest it any further. And please buy a Honduh so your friend can "tune" it. Apparantely they can take sand sucked into the engine much better than Audi's can handle.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Man...you're a badass...

OK...the sand...I think you can flush that out with some Marvel Mystery Oil. If you wrap your pistons with some 75 grit sandpaper, it'll bore out the cylinders as you drive. I also hear that adding a high-caffiene soda in a full tank of fuel will warrant more power.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong...