A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

clutch time!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch time!

my car is a 2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8t 6sp manual quattro.

ok so shortly after going stg 2+ on my b6 my clutch is starting to slip.(this may involve a number of reasons, such as relearning to drive stick{ i lost my license for 4 years so i could not drive} ive always had manual. i have put 20k+ miles on it in such a short time frame ~6months, and or the added power from reflashes.)

i am wondering if i got stage 1 or 2 on the clutch of the 228mm stock, would that be enough or should i just go for the 240mm upgrade? if i read up correctly the b7 uses the 240mm flywheel clutch setup correct? what about the b6 3.0 or 2.7t? are these 240mm as well?

also I am going lightweight flywheel, it will either be chromoly or steel, i do not want the hybrid aluminum-steel one due to different expansion rates of the metal. i am looking at something between 11-16lbs.

before anyone comments on lightweight flywheel, the reasons i am switching for is because of faster rpm drop. I have driven on lightweight flywheel before and for my personal experience I find it easier to drive than stock and stock dual mass. I can drive the car smoother with the single mass lighter flywheel.<-- its just my driving habit.

anyone have thoughts on rs4 clutches? or could i use the rs4 pressure plate and buy a clutch disk separately? I see clutch masters has kevlar disk which are superior in terms of durability/longevity of the life of the clutch.

second thing I am looking to do is a transmission rebuild. I need to replace synchros in my gearbox. so my question is how do i find out what code/part number my transmission is so i order the correct rebuild kit?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out our RA4 clutch kits. They utilize the 240mm flywheel which allows you to use S4/RS4 pressure plate and disk!

Our Stage 2 RA4 kit uses the RS4 pressure plate and disk which should be more than enough to support your Stage 2 mods.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jason
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tofast2belast
my car is a 2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8t 6sp manual quattro.

ok so shortly after going stg 2+ on my b6 my clutch is starting to slip.(this may involve a number of reasons, such as relearning to drive stick{ i lost my license for 4 years so i could not drive} ive always had manual. i have put 20k+ miles on it in such a short time frame ~6months, and or the added power from reflashes.)

i am wondering if i got stage 1 or 2 on the clutch of the 228mm stock, would that be enough or should i just go for the 240mm upgrade? if i read up correctly the b7 uses the 240mm flywheel clutch setup correct? what about the b6 3.0 or 2.7t? are these 240mm as well?

also I am going lightweight flywheel, it will either be chromoly or steel, i do not want the hybrid aluminum-steel one due to different expansion rates of the metal. i am looking at something between 11-16lbs.

before anyone comments on lightweight flywheel, the reasons i am switching for is because of faster rpm drop. I have driven on lightweight flywheel before and for my personal experience I find it easier to drive than stock and stock dual mass. I can drive the car smoother with the single mass lighter flywheel.<-- its just my driving habit.

anyone have thoughts on rs4 clutches? or could i use the rs4 pressure plate and buy a clutch disk separately? I see clutch masters has kevlar disk which are superior in terms of durability/longevity of the life of the clutch.

second thing I am looking to do is a transmission rebuild. I need to replace synchros in my gearbox. so my question is how do i find out what code/part number my transmission is so i order the correct rebuild kit?

Thanks in advance
Is your car a cab and a stick shift? Do you have any information on the conversion? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by turbo944s2
Is your car a cab and a stick shift? Do you have any information on the conversion? Thanks in advance!!!!
what you mean cab and stick shift? its stickshift. the conversion is replacing the clutch and flywheel from the stock 228mm clutch disc to a 240mm clutch, the flywheel is lighter thus revs increase/decrease faster<-- good if you cant shift with the dual mass flywheel. I for one could not get used to the DMF, it was like watching grass grow waiting for the rpm to drop so i could shift smoother.