A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

2005 Audi A4 cab trunk radio wires broken

Old 06-21-2014, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Audi A4 cab trunk radio wires broken

I have the common Audi A4 cabriolet radio wire problem causing no radio or satellite reception. I do not have navigation. The wires in the rubber sleeve or boot from the body to the trunk lid where the antenna is located are all broken at the trunk to body hinge point. I'm looking for a part diagram, part numbers, and a place to purchase replacement wires for a reasonable price. Alternatively, I'm looking for a part diagram and wire repair and/or wire splicing instructions.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get this resolved??? I am having trouble with all my speakers not working. Radio in dash is working - scans fine - presets all fine - shows songs playing etc. Speakers go out with a pop and then sometimes they come back on.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Radio wires

Originally Posted by gswelch
Did you ever get this resolved??? I am having trouble with all my speakers not working. Radio in dash is working - scans fine - presets all fine - shows songs playing etc. Speakers go out with a pop and then sometimes they come back on.
Nope. No responses, and wires still broken.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I did find a Hayne's Online repair Manual... wondering if that has anything worth while... It's only $20 for one year subscription. It is driving me crazy not having tunes. I also found another problem... my glass is separating from the top and causing a leak and suspect that is causing the pop. Found a thread about that issue that Audi did not address in a recall.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I fixed this, go to my website or search my post for how to fix kinked antenna cable
Old 10-06-2014, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
I fixed this, go to my website or search my post for how to fix kinked antenna cable
I doubt it is the antenna cable... reason being is that the head is still showing all my stations and searches for stations just fine and lal my presets are there are it still shows the tunes that "should be" playing so that antenna is rec'ving fine. I ordered the "keys" to pull the head and check the output etc... will try that too. And I cannot seem to get the liner to pull off at the top of the trunk. Is there some trick I'm missing?
Old 10-17-2014, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If the station can tuned, then yes, it's not the antenna...

Originally Posted by gswelch
I doubt it is the antenna cable... reason being is that the head is still showing all my stations and searches for stations just fine and lal my presets are there are it still shows the tunes that "should be" playing so that antenna is rec'ving fine. I ordered the "keys" to pull the head and check the output etc... will try that too. And I cannot seem to get the liner to pull off at the top of the trunk. Is there some trick I'm missing?
You should have VCDS to check for the correct codes = Failures.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Am/Fm not working

Originally Posted by cerd
I have the common Audi A4 cabriolet radio wire problem causing no radio or satellite reception. I do not have navigation. The wires in the rubber sleeve or boot from the body to the trunk lid where the antenna is located are all broken at the trunk to body hinge point. I'm looking for a part diagram, part numbers, and a place to purchase replacement wires for a reasonable price. Alternatively, I'm looking for a part diagram and wire repair and/or wire splicing instructions.
Hello,
I visited Audiworld today and saw your post about the common radio issue. My 2004 radio antenna hasn't worked for perhaps 4 years now. I do not have a navigation system. I see a contributor "ltooz_a6_a8_q7" further down the thread has a link to a kinked cable repair. My amplifier, 6-CD player and cassette (yes...cassette tape) player all work fine, the speakers are good. Time moves on, I never pursued a repair at the trunk lid wires. Most times I use an iPhone with a Monster(brand) cassette adapter. I can access radio stations, Pandora, my own music library or even use it for navigation. So, I've found a way around the problem until I decide to fix it someday... if ever... Am/FM radio packed with blasting advertisements seems a little antiquated these days. Even Satellite radio in our other car (when they have free trials) has a lot of talking by "hosts" on music stations. Best of luck and hope you find a fix that works for you. -Sancab

Last edited by Sancab; 11-03-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Still have not found a resolution for my problem! the CD & Tape player do work... only no sound comes out. I can still see what should be playing on the screen. Seems like there should be something wrong with the amp but right now I cannot get the trunk liner off to access that amp. I purchased the tool to get the emergency trunk release off and it still won't come off. Will exercise more patience and try again soon. IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS... PLEASE HELP... I need tunes!
Old 05-10-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Which liner are you talking about?

The one on the trunk lid?
Symphony II Problems With Antenna On A4 Cabriolet - Audi
A shot in the dark? Did you check the fuses?

Cheers,

Louis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Audi A4 cab trunk radio wires broken