A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What do you DISLIKE about your B9 A4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Audi4Fun
What difference does handedness make? I learnt to drive manual on a RHD country and now drive manual in a LHD country - you use whatever hand is needed to reach the controls on either side of the steering wheel, regardless of whether it's the gear shift lever, window switches, HVAC controls etc.
You missed the point I was trying to make. Makes no difference if your R handed, L handed, in RHD or LHD car. The gear shift, HVAC controls, Audio functions & various other buttons etc, are on or near the center console. Why not put the window switches there, too!
The following users liked this post:
Blakard (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator6
You missed the point I was trying to make. Makes no difference if your R handed, L handed, in RHD or LHD car. The gear shift, HVAC controls, Audio functions & various other buttons etc, are on or near the center console. Why not put the window switches there, too!
It does. I have a fractured left arm.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing really.. finding it hard to pick . I love it.
brjake (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rennen-affe
It does. I have a fractured left arm.
then if you're in a LHD model, center console window switches would help you no?
Aviator6 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 159 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleax29
Nothing really.. finding it hard to pick . I love it.
My eloquent response to the OP's question -- ditto. LOL.
Car is very pleasant and shockingly good gas mileage when driven sanely. Really can't think of any other similar size sporty/near luxury sedan out there that is better IMHO.

Best,
Jeff
The following 2 users liked this post by Acuransx:
brjake (05-03-2024), dseag2 (05-23-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Blakard
then if you're in a LHD model, center console window switches would help you no?
no
Old 05-04-2024, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 74 Posts

New to us '17 A4Q 6MT as second owners, coming from B8 & B8.5 A4Q 6MTs.

Removing the front lock carrier cover to clean fall leaf debris is a little trickier to get at. No snow screen on the engine air filter intake duct means a dirtier engine air cleaner box.

Tiny (10 GB) MMI Jukebox (vs 20 GB from MMI3GP HDD) but the MIB2 main unit accepts (at least) 128 GB SDHX cards formatted as FAT32, so that's a win.

No good place for a Panavise phone mount (for our Samsung wirless charger), but the solution from @byMH62 https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-drop-3038355/ seems a good alternative.

No MMI internet access without subscribing to the pre-paid Audi connect PRIME plan. --g

Last edited by drgertol; 05-05-2024 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Isn't the snow screen omitted in hot weather areas, like AZ or SoCal? Or as a second owner, the PO could have removed it.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by rennen-affe
Isn't the snow screen omitted in hot weather areas, like AZ or SoCal? Or as a second owner, the PO could have removed it.
No -- ETKA tells us that the "strainer" is not fitted to the "intake air duct" in any NAR market applications. But the part number 8W0129054 appears to be available here (dealer list $24), so it's worth investigating further. --g
Old 05-19-2024, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love love love, except...

Contributing to this mega-thread... I have a 2020 A4 (Prestige 45 TFSI quattro, to be exact) and it continues to be a joy to drive -- effortless performance, silky-smooth shifting, very nice ride.
That said, I have two major gripes, shown below. Question: Have either of these been improved in later model years? I would consider trading in for a new A4, if so.
  1. The rear cross-traffic assist is almost worthless -- it never provides a warning of an approaching car until that car is almost directly behind. I'm very pleased with this feature in my 8 1/2 year old Subaru Outback -- it puts the Audi to shame in this regard, and I consider this a big safety concern with the Audi.
  2. The MMI is a daily aggravation in almost every respect. Examples: The Bluetooth connection to my iPhone is flakey -- e.g., I often get "The connected device is not supported", which means the Audi won't recognize my iPhone at all until I stop and restart the engine (and it usually takes multiple restarts). (Yes, my iOS is up-to-date.) The MMI itself has started rebooting out of the blue while driving, resulting in a multiple-minute interruption -- this happens multiple times a week and the dealer can't figure out why. The map display isn't too bad, but navigation is nearly useless -- almost every time I enter a well-established local business as a destination, it often suggests destinations with barely related names and often in other states. The voice recognition is terrible and usually completely misunderstands what I say. I almost always use Google or Apple maps instead now that I've found out how dumb and/or out-of-date the MMI mapping is.
Oh, and there's an annoying wind noise from the sunroof, but that's a "minor" gripe.
Thanks for your wisdom in these Forums, gurus. :-)

Last edited by blair151; 05-19-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about your B9 A4?