A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

BE: TPMS vcds coding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Keistas
I’m about to do it, waiting for the parts.
Can't wait to hear how it works out! Please keep us informed!
Old 05-12-2021, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedyTheSnail
Can't wait to hear how it works out! Please keep us informed!
Hi,
So I managed to retrofit TPMS.
I fallowed this post from Russian page, just use translate tool.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/518122590552719677/
You do not need to put TPMS in the OEM place, I put it under back seat.
To code I used VCDS.
19 Gateway – add module 65 to the gateway installation list;
17 module - check Byte 11 bit 2 from 0 to 1;

5F MMI – enable following adaptation Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2:

[LO]_menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high: [VN]_not_activated CHANGE to activated

[LO]_menu_display_rdk_standstill: [VN]_activated CHANGE TO not_activated

RESTART MMI

03 ABS – module uncheck the following Bits at the same time and then press code
Byte 14 bit 6 1 change to 0
Byte 26 bit 1 1 change to 0.

Have fun.

Last edited by Keistas; 05-13-2021 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I’ve been struggling with this retrofit for a 2018 A4 B9. The only I was able to get direct TPMS to work was changing msg bus to "suspension data bus" but when I do that, the MMI menu says "The selected system is currently unavailable" under "Tyre pressure loss indicator".

If I select "extended data bus" then the menu is fine but the MMI does not show the pressure/temp values and I eventually get a "Adaptation/part monitoring not possible - Tire pressure sensor defective/no signal” fault which has a code of C112C00.

I think this could be related to the fact that my multimedia unit had malfunctioned a while back and I had it replaced with an identical unit (part number identical) that came from an A3. Now, the A3 is built on MQB and the A4 is built on the MLB and the coding for TPMS for these two platforms are different. On MQB suspension data bus is whereas on the MLB extended databus is used.

In my current situation the system behaves half like an A3 (receiving data only when set to suspension data bus) and half as an A4 (disables the menu) or vice versa, no data received (like it would on an A3 when msg bus is set to extended) but a working menu (as expected on an A4).

Could this be the issue? What can I do to make sure all parameters of the current MIB is compatible with an A4 B9?

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at it for 2 weeks already and have invested countless hours trying to get this to work properly.

Last edited by seijon; 01-21-2023 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i know VCP can update parameters - i don't think VCDS or ODBeleven can. you might want to make another thread regarding the head-unit swap and parameterization vs. in this TPMS coding one.

Originally Posted by seijon
I’ve been struggling with this retrofit for a 2018 A4 B9. The only I was able to get direct TPMS to work was changing msg bus to "suspension data bus" but when I do that, the MMI menu says "The selected system is currently unavailable" under "Tyre pressure loss indicator".

If I select "extended data bus" then the menu is fine but the MMI does not show the pressure/temp values and I eventually get a "Adaptation/part monitoring not possible - Tire pressure sensor defective/no signal” fault which has a code of C112C00.

I think this could be related to the fact that my multimedia unit had malfunctioned a while back and I had it replaced with an identical unit (part number identical) that came from an A3. Now, the A3 is built on MQB and the A4 is built on the MLB and the coding for TPMS for these two platforms are different. On MQB suspension data bus is whereas on the MLB extended databus is used.

In my current situation the system behaves half like an A3 (receiving data only when set to suspension data bus) and half as an A3 (disables the menu) or vice versa, no data received (like it would on an A3 when msg bus is set to extended) but a working menu (as expected on an A4).

Could this be the issue? What can I do to make sure all parameters of the current MIB is compatible with an A4 B9?

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at it for 2 weeks already and have invested countless hours trying to get this to work properly.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my current situation the system behaves half like an A3 (receiving data only when set to suspension data bus) and half as an A3 (disables the menu) or vice versa, no data received (like it would on an A3 when msg bus is set to extended) but a working menu (as expected on an A4).

Both MLB and MQB use extended bus for TPMS. You probelm is probably somewhere else. How did you code your ABS/Brake unit 03? ABS unit is different between MLB and MQB.

Below is A3 8V wiring diagram.

Last edited by Mokorx; 01-20-2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,894 Likes on 1,609 Posts

The 8V and the 8W do not share head units. The units might be the same hardware, but they are not the same part numbers, and would not be loaded with the same firmware/software.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I used the following:
3 ABS – module uncheck the following Bits at the same time and then press code

I just don’t get why it would even work with suspension data bus at all, could the wiring be faulty? Incorrect?

Originally Posted by Mokorx
Both MLB and MQB use extended bus for TPMS. You probelm is probably somewhere else. How did you code your ABS/Brake unit 03? ABS unit is different between MLB and MQB.

Below is A3 8V wiring diagram.

Last edited by seijon; 01-22-2023 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used the following:
3 ABS – module uncheck the following Bits at the same time and then press code

I just don’t why it would even work with suspension data bus at all, could the wiring be faulty? Incorrect?
byte 14 bit 7 if it is 1 change to 0
byte 26 bit 0 if it is 1 change to 0

You ahould also check live data of each sensors whether they are stable or not?

Last edited by Mokorx; 01-22-2023 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Bit 7 is also 0, actually, I currently have all the bits in byte 14 set to 0. EDIT: my bad, all bits are zero except bit 1 and 4.

When msg data bus is set to extended I get live data from the sensors then after a while I stop receiving data from all the sensors. When it is set to suspension, I get live data most of the time, but not all. The two front sensors keep cutting in and out, especially left front.

I’ve already changed all the sensors in the tires and have double and triple checked the wiring and the coding. I have also switched antennas with one from an RS3 that has TPMS working. My antenna worked fine for the RS3 but the RS3’s antenna did not make a difference for me.

I’m pretty close to giving up so would welcome any fresh ideas.

If someone here has an A4 B9 with a working TPMS retrofit, I would appreciate uploading a full scan of all the modules and their coding and any other settings/attributes that might be relevant. I could use this to do a comparison and see what, if at all, is different.

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Mokorx
byte 14 bit 7 if it is 1 change to 0
byte 26 bit 0 if it is 1 change to 0

You ahould also check live data of each sensors whether they are stable or not?

Last edited by seijon; 01-22-2023 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 500 Posts

Wow, I cannot believe you guys are playing around with these ABS settings.
And here I am, someone who wasn't even comfortable telling people the original fully working coding details.
Be careful guys, you don't want something as safety critical as your ABS not working as Audi intended because you messed with the settings.

Quick Reply: BE: TPMS vcds coding?