A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Negotiating Lease on Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negotiating Lease on Order

I am going to be ordering an A4 later this Fall. Does anyone have experience with how negotiating a lease works with the three month or so lead time? Does Audi let you "lock in" the rate available at time of order and then if it improves you can get the new rate?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The rate is whatever it is at time of delivery. The only thing you can lock in with the dealer is the selling price of the car.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I ordered my car, my dealer ran the numbers on the lease for our agreed upon price. He said those numbers were the worst case and that at the time of pick up, any new incentives or rate changes would be used as long as they were in my favor. He said my cost wouldn't go up.
That goes against what the person above me said, but I can only state what my dealer told me at the time of order.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by unashamedgeek
When I ordered my car, my dealer ran the numbers on the lease for our agreed upon price. He said those numbers were the worst case and that at the time of pick up, any new incentives or rate changes would be used as long as they were in my favor. He said my cost wouldn't go up.
That goes against what the person above me said, but I can only state what my dealer told me at the time of order.
This is what I would expect and I have read about BMW doing this. Of course, I will have to check with the dealer to be certain.

Thank you for the responses.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad I saw this post. What least rates did you guys get? I could get the current 3.9 knocked to 2.9 % through loyalty, but still seems high. Some deals for very competitive cars are giving me 1.9%.

Given, probably the selling price of the car is what is more important, that's where you'll save more.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The rate is whatever it is at time of delivery. The only thing you can lock in with the dealer is the selling price of the car.
That may be the rule in the U.S. market, but it isn't in Canada - here they will lock in the rate/residual/other incentives for 3 months...
Old 06-05-2016, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

While AFS might turn out to be the best deal available, you can always shop around on a lease. Besides other leasing companies, some banks and credit unionsmay also offer leases.

The variables to compare after first negotiating the lowest price on the car including any lease rebate incentives if through AFS, will be lease term, miles allowed per year and cost per mile if exceeded, residual, cap reduction, money factor (interest rate), any turn in fees, and if gap insurance is included. Only after these items are factored in can lease payments be compared.