A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How do you download maps and update them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you download maps and update them?

Last month, I managed to download the maps.

This month, I can't even find where they are.

I put the maps on a USB. Plugged it into the USB port (tried both), went to System Update and tried to select USB and it says USB not available.

So I put the maps on a SD Card (tried SD1 and SD2), went to System Update and tried to select SD1 and SD2, says it's not available.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Login on to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi, then click on Audi connect services and one of the options there is the Map update.

I had to format my 64GB SD card on a PC with a 32GB FAT32 partition. Doing the same with my 32GB SD card didn't work, creating a partition on my Mac didn't work either. I think last time I used a 16GB SD card but I could find that one anymore. The MMI seems to be picky about the drive format and condition.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Williams
Last month, I managed to download the maps.

This month, I can't even find where they are.

I put the maps on a USB. Plugged it into the USB port (tried both), went to System Update and tried to select USB and it says USB not available.

So I put the maps on a SD Card (tried SD1 and SD2), went to System Update and tried to select SD1 and SD2, says it's not available.
Also make sure you're putting all (I believe it was 4 files and one of them was a .txt file) onto the SD card or it won't work. The MMI needs all of the files to "see" the map update. At least that was the case from my experience.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy to update. Had to download Java to open the installer. Picked where I wanted the files copied. Put files in the SD card, don't put it in a folder. Updated via MMI. Easy!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
Easy to update. Had to download Java to open the installer. Picked where I wanted the files copied. Put files in the SD card, don't put it in a folder. Updated via MMI. Easy!
It is finicky. I downloaded to my computer and copied the two folders and two files to a 128 GB exfat SD card. The MMI recognized that the card was there, but told me there were no updates located on the card. I then reformatted the card to FAT32, recopied the files and the same thing happened.

I then downloaded the maps again, but this time downloaded them directly to the FAT32 card. This time the MMI saw the map files and everything updated properly.

One thing I noticed is that after the maps download there is a window that comes up on the computer screen that says something like "please install maps in car and then click finish." After the first download I clicked the finish button before I tried to install the maps in the car. After the second download, I clicked the finish button after I had installed the maps in the car. I don't know why this would make any difference, but I thought I'd point it out.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-maps-2921170/
Old 06-16-2017, 01:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Login on to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi, then click on Audi connect services and one of the options there is the Map update.

I had to format my 64GB SD card on a PC with a 32GB FAT32 partition. Doing the same with my 32GB SD card didn't work, creating a partition on my Mac didn't work either. I think last time I used a 16GB SD card but I could find that one anymore. The MMI seems to be picky about the drive format and condition.
This is all I see.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you don't have the right level of Audi connect?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi

got a question

i have the MMI sd edition 2017/2018 version, now
my collegaue drives with the same car, but he ha has the MMI plus edition, and bigger screen, he gets the map update notification, so he downloaded the whole complete package
can i use his downloaded edition? i have putted the mib1, mib2 and 2 files, on an sd card, put it in sd slot 2 , but the update wont work
cant i use the map update from the MMI plus for my MMI SD edition?
because when i logon to audi connect, my free license is expired, but i dont see the map update either
is the map update differen for SD VS Plus?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You cannot download maps for SD based MMI, you can only purchase a newer Audi Navigation SD card with them on. In our country, UK, this is a £400-500 cost.

Quick Reply: How do you download maps and update them?