A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Horrible customer support from Audi USA. Audi Connect/MyAudi issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
How? The app is telling me that I have to go to my dealership.
Call them and give them the USAU # from your contract, which you can view in the app
Old 04-05-2022, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Call them and give them the USAU # from your contract, which you can view in the app
Thanks. I called my dealership and, as usual, nobody was available to talk to me and the service rep who answered the phone was clueless. So I emailed a service tech who I know there and gave her my USAU number. I hope she gets back to me.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

there was a software update fairly recently

I'd reach out to your dealer, with the VIN and issue, and they can look it up. Frankly, anything Audi Connect related should be on your dealer to solve, not you on your own. Dealers have their own dedicated team to handle such VIN specific issues. One suggestion I can offer, which I just did as recently as last week for a client who came in and had a software update done.

Log out as key user in the car.
Log out of the app completely.
Log back into the app. Make sure the entire profile section of the app is completed, including a 4 digit pin, birthday, etc.
Log back in to the car. You'll need the opaque key tag with the 10 digit alphanumeric serial number on it to re-establish yourself as the key user (for anyone reading, this is no longer needed for any 2022). From there, re-enter the same 4 digit security PIN you entered into the app. Shut the car off, restart, and the menu that pops up after your welcome screen with your name should give you the option on the far right side to "don't show this message again". This way you don't need the PIN everytime you start the car.
I did go to the dealer ~7 months ago to get a 10 digit code assigned. The code was missing from my car (was a dealership vehicle with ~3k miles). They were very helpful and quickly got me a new code/verified my identity.

The dealership cannot help with the app glitches. I believe they have done everything on their end correctly given I am a key user and can typically lock/unlock the car.

Tried your login troubleshooting with no luck
Old 04-05-2022, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakalaka
I did go to the dealer ~7 months ago to get a 10 digit code assigned. The code was missing from my car (was a dealership vehicle with ~3k miles). They were very helpful and quickly got me a new code/verified my identity.

The dealership cannot help with the app glitches. I believe they have done everything on their end correctly given I am a key user and can typically lock/unlock the car.

Tried your login troubleshooting with no luck
If the dealer has not opened a support ticket with the dedicated team, then that would be where your disconnect is.

The marketplace won't populate unless you have every aspect of the profile completed. I only had one client, 21 A4 premium plus, that had a similar issue. Once I filed the support ticket, which is vin specific, and provided the screen shots, it was solved in 3 business days. Your selling dealer should be doing the same.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I continue to be appalled by the myaudi website/login issues. When I first got my car was I was able to login and create a profile and add my vehicle. That mostly worked fine, but I could never get the online financial portal working and was confused why they were separate. After many calls I finally did get into the My Audi Financial Services website (audifs.com) and was able to setup automatic payments, look at my loan info etc.

Anyway I get a monthly email from audi saying my loan info is available to view, when I click the view statement online it takes me to myaudi.com. I did get logged in (after several weird errors) and my vehicle is gone, something about it expired (LOL).....When I go to create a new (add vehicle) it says "choose model" with a drop down but you can't select anything. Same behavior in mobile and web browser. Stuck there! Gave up and went over to the audifs.com and logged in to get my statement.

I also tried signing up for that key user thing when I first got it and gave up. I found it mindnumbingly confusing and frustrating. Whatever benefits it supposedly got you wasn't worth the blood pressure and web/mobile app errors and confusing steps. And I'm in IT.

Shocking that a company as big in stature and with such a great experience (for me) at the dealership and with the actual car has such a broken online app and website.

Last edited by BostonS5sb; 04-06-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Well, after getting no help from my dealership, I decided to uninstall the app, then download and install it again. I put in my email address and password, and now the app works again.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Well, after getting no help from my dealership, I decided to uninstall the app, then download and install it again. I put in my email address and password, and now the app works again.
Lucky. I just got a email today (after a month of no responses) reassuring me that "...our technical support team is working diligently to get this resolved".

Given they have been working diligently since October and it is currently late April, I do not have much faith in their team.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Audi Connect. I escalated my issue to the executive offices, and still no clear resolution. Frustrating doesn't even come close to how I feel.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by leo1970MANE
I have had nothing but bad experiences with Audi Connect. I escalated my issue to the executive offices, and still no clear resolution. Frustrating doesn't even come close to how I feel.
I am in the same place here, after 9 months of “troubleshooting” with Audi of America. They keep promising results but have been able to do absolutely nothing.

The “social care advocates” have zero apparent ability to resolve MyAudi issues. They just string you along until you give up.
Old 02-06-2023, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Holy Sh¡t! The worst. WORST! Maybe worse than Comcast. Our App quit working for no reason. Wi-Fi expired, can’t sign in because servers are down. First guy was class A D¡ck. 2nd lady had a screaming kid in the back ground and ended up hanging up on me I guess accidentally. 3rd person helped but had major attitude. I worked in the field early on and I was nothing but polite. What the hell is going on at Audi customer service?

Quick Reply: Horrible customer support from Audi USA. Audi Connect/MyAudi issues.