A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Horrible customer support from Audi USA. Audi Connect/MyAudi issues.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Horrible customer support from Audi USA. Audi Connect/MyAudi issues.

I have been trying to get my Audi Connect and MyAudi app working for six months, and just get continued promised that they will look into it.

I feel like they are just stringing me along and hoping I forget about the issue. They constantly say they will get back to me, and they either do not reply in a reasonable time frame or just assure me it is being looked into. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there anything I can do that will get them to help me from a consumer rights/legal standpoint?

Here is just a small portion of my futile attempts with Audi Support. I have had equally useless communication with them on twitter.

I don't know what else to do.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure your exact issue, but here is what “fixed” mine eventually… after hours spent on hold waiting for support. Just to find out it’s a known issue of some kind.

“Since your initial contact, I've engaged with my internal resources regarding you being able to log into the MMI. I was advised that the myAudi login fails in the MMI due to a ConBox software issue. We won't have a long-term solution for MY22 vehicles until later this year and for MY21 vehicles the fix is coming Q2/2022. However, we have sent your device information to Verizon for a workaround to be applied to your vehicle. At this time, we ask that you try to log into the MMI and confirm the workaround has been applied and you're not logged into the MMI and set as key user. Should you need any additional assistance, you may respond directly to this email.”

Old 03-31-2022, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,909 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Didn't realize Audi had already transitioned to Verizon. Knew it was coming with the next generation, sporting Verizon 5G support. But seems they made the change at the facelift, starting MY20, at least for the infotainment (MIB) cellular (J949 cellular and J794 cellular are two separate systems).

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...d-audi-partner
"Select 2020 Audi models in the U.S. will also be integrated with Verizon's eSIM enabled network, helping streamline wireless carrier capabilities globally in Audi vehicles."

https://www.lightreading.com/verizon.../d/d-id/756975
"Verizon's business unit said it would deliver "advanced connectivity and embedded in-vehicle WiFi" in the 2020 Audi A4 and A5 models in the US."

If this J949 issue is specific to MY21/MY22, I wonder who is the provider for the J949 for MY20. Carry over of AT&T from MY19? Or was it Verizon but they screwed something up for MY21? Curious.

All this MIB profiles and Audi Connect stuff hurts my head. Not that it's complicated, but that it gets so f-ed up. Define a logical system and implement it without fail. How hard is that?
Old 04-04-2022, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by t8brady
Not sure your exact issue, but here is what “fixed” mine eventually… after hours spent on hold waiting for support. Just to find out it’s a known issue of some kind.

“Since your initial contact, I've engaged with my internal resources regarding you being able to log into the MMI. I was advised that the myAudi login fails in the MMI due to a ConBox software issue. We won't have a long-term solution for MY22 vehicles until later this year and for MY21 vehicles the fix is coming Q2/2022. However, we have sent your device information to Verizon for a workaround to be applied to your vehicle. At this time, we ask that you try to log into the MMI and confirm the workaround has been applied and you're not logged into the MMI and set as key user. Should you need any additional assistance, you may respond directly to this email.”

So I am the key user and can usually open the app and monitor fuel + lock/unlock the car. However there are several error messages about the vehicle not being linked, and I get a solid gray screen once I open the marketplace. So I cannot purchase any options or enable the free trial.

After I asked to drop it off at the dealer and get a loaner until its fixed, Audi has ghosted me once again. Been 2 weeks since the last time they promised to get back to me.

Frusturating.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Firstly, what trim level is your vehicle?

Does it have factory navigation?
Old 04-04-2022, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Firstly, what trim level is your vehicle?

Does it have factory navigation?
2021 Premium Plus 45 TSFI, no navigation.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakalaka
I have been trying to get my Audi Connect and MyAudi app working for six months, and just get continued promised that they will look into it.
I feel like they are just stringing me along and hoping I forget about the issue. They constantly say they will get back to me, and they either do not reply in a reasonable time frame or just assure me it is being looked into. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there anything I can do that will get them to help me from a consumer rights/legal standpoint?
Here is just a small portion of my futile attempts with Audi Support. I have had equally useless communication with them on twitter.
I don't know what else to do.
My MyAudi app stopped working after working beautifully for years. It required me to register again like I was a new user. The problem is, now I have to go to my dealership (30 miles away) for them to verify who I am so I can get the app to work.

First-world problems, I guess.

The following users liked this post:
Shakalaka (04-05-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A4Driver
My MyAudi app stopped working after working beautifully for years. It required me to register again like I was a new user. The problem is, now I have to go to my dealership (30 miles away) for them to verify who I am so I can get the app to work.

First-world problems, I guess.
verification can easily be done without being at a dealership by the dealer
Old 04-04-2022, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Shakalaka
2021 Premium Plus 45 TSFI, no navigation.
there was a software update fairly recently

I'd reach out to your dealer, with the VIN and issue, and they can look it up. Frankly, anything Audi Connect related should be on your dealer to solve, not you on your own. Dealers have their own dedicated team to handle such VIN specific issues. One suggestion I can offer, which I just did as recently as last week for a client who came in and had a software update done.

Log out as key user in the car.

Log out of the app completely.

Log back into the app. Make sure the entire profile section of the app is completed, including a 4 digit pin, birthday, etc.

Log back in to the car. You'll need the opaque key tag with the 10 digit alphanumeric serial number on it to re-establish yourself as the key user (for anyone reading, this is no longer needed for any 2022). From there, re-enter the same 4 digit security PIN you entered into the app. Shut the car off, restart, and the menu that pops up after your welcome screen with your name should give you the option on the far right side to "don't show this message again". This way you don't need the PIN everytime you start the car.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
verification can easily be done without being at a dealership by the dealer
How? The app is telling me that I have to go to my dealership.

Quick Reply: Horrible customer support from Audi USA. Audi Connect/MyAudi issues.