Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Facelift Confirmed for MY19

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...top-form-10394

Real Exhausts!!!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I don’t know if those exhausts are real. It kind of looks just like the ones on the q5 but less obviously fake and slightly deeper? Hard to tell in the press photos.

This is seems to be a very mild refresh even by audi’s conservative standards, which I don’t mind since my B9 won’t look dated for a while ;-). I wonder if the US will see this as a 2019 model or if we will have to wait for MY2020? That said, I’m so glad they are redesigning all of the wheels!
Old 06-27-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't tell from here either:
Old 06-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cuke2u

Can't tell from here either:
Are you able to see if the allroad also got the refresh?
Old 06-27-2018, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Gotta say, nice job Audi. It looks good without making the current version look too old hat. Are we aware of any interior changes, rumored or otherwise?

Originally Posted by Vandelay
I don’t know if those exhausts are real.
I can promise they are fake. Carbon buildup on the exhaust tips is a very difficult problem to solve in direct-inject petrol engines, and something owners complain about constantly. It at minimum takes a dedicated rag and some serious elbow grease to keep clean between maintenance washes, but once it is allowed to cake on over a long midwestern winter it is literally impossible to scrub off without special chemicals and a good 20-30 dedicated minutes spent kneeling on the ground scrubbing away. People who don't wash their own cars or pay for a professional detail once in a while (which may be few people on this forum, but if we're being honest is 95% of the A4-buying general public) get chrome tips for about the first 3 weeks they own the car before they are caked in soot never once to be seen shiny again.

So, like it or not, fake tips solves this problem while also allowing for creative exhaust designs (which, again, like it or not is a definite trend in the industry right now). And it's already being done on the A6/A7/Q5/SQ5.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:13 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 576 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Gotta say, nice job Audi. It looks good without making the current version look too old hat. Are we aware of any interior changes, rumored or otherwise?
Interior looks unchanged: https://www.caradvice.com.au/661366/...i-a4-revealed/

Last edited by MH62; 06-27-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian

I can promise they are fake. Carbon buildup on the exhaust tips is a very difficult problem to solve in direct-inject petrol engines, and something owners complain about constantly. It at minimum takes a dedicated rag and some serious elbow grease to keep clean between maintenance washes, but once it is allowed to cake on over a long midwestern winter it is literally impossible to scrub off without special chemicals and a good 20-30 dedicated minutes spent kneeling on the ground scrubbing away. People who don't wash their own cars or pay for a professional detail once in a while (which may be few people on this forum, but if we're being honest is 95% of the A4-buying general public) get chrome tips for about the first 3 weeks they own the car before they are caked in soot never once to be seen shiny again.

So, like it or not, fake tips solves this problem while also allowing for creative exhaust designs (which, again, like it or not is a definite trend in the industry right now). And it's already being done on the A6/A7/Q5/SQ5.
At least these tips, if fake, are far more three dimensional than the ones on the Q5 and (unfortunately) the SQ5. Those just look applied to the bumper. From the parts diagram, these could fool people into thinking they are real. Agree that Audi did a good job of the refresh, albeit too subtle to really stand out to me.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Took a closer look and the exhaust tips are fake

Old 06-27-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by marz1

Took a closer look and the exhaust tips are fake

At least they will stay clean
Old 06-27-2018, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hmmm..... the only change I see is the bottom lip which is more spread out, new tiny detailing on the grill, and that side sensors are far more imposing. Not sure how it would look like without those sensors if you didnt get the ADAPackage. In my opinion, it just looks hideous. I prefer the old one.

Quick Reply: Facelift Confirmed for MY19