A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Discount Tire Co.: A mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by username4a
I guess since owning my first German car I hesitate to take it to a place that does Fords and Mazdas and, well, everything.
Your car ain't that cool
Old 02-18-2024, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mc-io
Have taken my car to Discount Tire and Les Schwab. No problems at either. One time at Les Schwab though the kid pulling my car around didn't know how to put it in park (put it in reverse instead... common mistake for non-Audi drivers) and got out, but the parking brake engaged on it's own (idiot protection).

Honestly though, they work on cars much nicer than mine prinx hirace tires review... I don't have any hesitations taking it there. I'd say YMMV depending on management, the area it's in, etc., no different to how some dealerships are better than others.

For actual maintenance/repairs, going to a shop that specializes in German vehicles is a must IMO... but tires are tires.

P.S. I saw your other post about the Continental DWS06 Plus. I've had those on my car since March of 2022 (~20,000 miles) and the tread is already at 5/32. Good performance, but haven't lasted quite as long as I would've thought. Would have to look at what the tread wear rating was on these.
I have a 2017 fit lx. Time for new tires, and it's almost December so I need all season. I've been researching tires for days and can't land on any. Can anyone recommend tires under $100 that do well in snow, cold, hills, rain, wet, slush, city and highway? I travel for work so also looking for tires that will last a while. Don't wanna do snow tires then switch out in 4 months. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-19-2024, 07:29 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Originally Posted by irontmp
I have a 2017 fit lx. Time for new tires, and it's almost December so I need all season. I've been researching tires for days and can't land on any. Can anyone recommend tires under $100 that do well in snow, cold, hills, rain, wet, slush, city and highway? I travel for work so also looking for tires that will last a while. Don't wanna do snow tires then switch out in 4 months. Thanks everyone!
Ummm. “Almost December?” — not sure where you live but on my calendar it’s almost MARCH.

“All season tires under $100?” Is that the value you place on your (and other people on the road) life?

And inquiring about tires on a 2017 Honda Fit … on an Audi specific board?

This post raises so many questions as to the legitimacy of the post & poster.

— John
The following 3 users liked this post by Nikon1:
bniner (02-20-2024), mikeru (02-19-2024), NJS5 (02-19-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This post about a Honda Fit is hilarious. The easy answer is go with Michelins. Find the money. Quit researching. Cross-climate for your winter use. Just buy them. Work harder. People waste money on all kinds of things, but when it comes to one of most safety critical things in their life, it's a race to the bottom.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I wouldn't even consider the Audi dealer. They are so dishonest that they used my Road Hazard package to replace tires that didn't even need it. Yes, I benefited from it but it made me think about how they must fleece their customers as well. The Service Manager there is so slimy I hate to deal with him. I had my Raybans, my credit cards and my iPod stolen while my car was in service at the Audi dealer. They wrote me a check to cover it, but how does this happen?

I've used Firestone before and even though they are a brand name they have always screwed things up. They had no idea how to rotate the wheels on my Quattro A5 so it pulled in every direction. I finally gave up on them when they told me my a loose wheel could have fallen off and they were the ones who didn't replace the necessary bolts.

I've recently used Discount Tire because they own Tire Rack and I've ordered tires from their website. I hit a severe bump recently and not only damaged my tire but my wheel was bent. They took me into their shop and showed me the wheel. They replaced both and my car drives like a dream. They were honest and reimbursed me for the tire because it came with replacement insurance. They were quick in doing the repairs, unlike Firestone, and I would use them again in a heartbeat.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Ummm. “Almost December?” — not sure where you live but on my calendar it’s almost MARCH.

“All season tires under $100?” Is that the value you place on your (and other people on the road) life?

And inquiring about tires on a 2017 Honda Fit … on an Audi specific board?

This post raises so many questions as to the legitimacy of the post & poster.

— John

Chat GPT under training...?