A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Cruise Control Dropping Out Randomly

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 288 Likes on 233 Posts

Perfect example that maps whether being streamed or used from a static local file need to be continually updated to match actual locat conditions but mistakes can occur - would be interesting to see what would happen if there was a construction with reduced speed limits showing. Best you can likely do is report back to Audi that there is an error in their info. I have seen errors in the maps for my region and as with all nav systems awareness of garbage in, garbage out is needed.

IMO, this is a situation where automated driving cannot compete with a live person dealing with real-life situation variables.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 481 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Here's Here's a vid showing exactly what I'm experiencing. This appears to be a "feature" rather than a bug. The system is apparently supposed to automatically adjust the cruise control speed setting to reflect changing speed limits and conditions. Unfortunately, as with the guy filming the video, mine adjusts for no discernible reason.
Personally, I do not care for some of the speed related features and have either adjusted or disabled them. My MMI is an older version than yours, so your options might differ. You should go through your MMI settings and adjust any relevant options. These are the related settings on my B9. I get to them through Vehicle Settings:

Adaptive Cruise Control - Set Speed Limit: Off; Adaptation to route ahead: unchecked.

Driver Assistance - Traffic Sign Based: Off; Manual Warning: turned down as far as it will go.

The following users liked this post:
mikeru (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 09:08 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan99
Personally, I do not care for some of the speed related features and have either adjusted or disabled them. My MMI is an older version than yours, so your options might differ. You should go through your MMI settings and adjust any relevant options. These are the related settings on my B9. I get to them through Vehicle Settings:

Adaptive Cruise Control - Set Speed Limit: Off; Adaptation to route ahead: unchecked.

Driver Assistance - Traffic Sign Based: Off; Manual Warning: turned down as far as it will go.
I've done the same thing. I'm okay with using ACC in its most basic form under certain conditions, but I don't like any of the other drive assist features my cars have.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for that. I've set all of them that I could find. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 481 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Thanks for that. I've set all of them that I could find. We'll see what happens.
Update?
Old 04-05-2024, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Update?
Yes, I was unable to turn the "feature" off. At least now I understand what's going on and just deal with it. I'm going to try to get a map update to see if that at least makes it more accurate.