A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Clutch Slippage After TCU Tune (Integrated Engineering)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ie “updated the tune”

Support claimed they updated the tune and when went to flash it it’s still v1.0.0. I flashed the tune anyways and it the code came back. I don’t understand this company’s service at all.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone else been working with their support, and currently running the ‘Clutch Slip Test’ file?

Old 04-28-2024, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by calbranagan
Support claimed they updated the tune and when went to flash it it’s still v1.0.0. I flashed the tune anyways and it the code came back. I don’t understand this company’s service at all.
What service? This is why I was hesitant to be one of the first ones to buy. Glad I didn't. They have a long track record of having tune problems and blaming the end user. One can only hope that given the popularity of this that they figure out a way to correct it, but I doubt they have the technical knowledge to get that far. The fact that I had to have an argument with them over an intake that they designed with no mounting points or supports other than the turbo inlet hose says alot about where they are headed.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tunetwn
Has anyone else been working with their support, and currently running the ‘Clutch Slip Test’ file?
did this work for you?
Old 05-02-2024, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by calbranagan
did this work for you?
I’m off that file now. They officially released an update the other day. I am not getting any malfunctions on the top end. But the daily drivability is probably the worst it’s ever been.. lurching, unsure of itself, clunking, holding gears too long in comfort.

I think my situation is particular. And in desperate need a clutch adaptation. But no one officially knows how..

I’ve had several trans services; one with filters, others without. Done a number of DSG ‘relearns’. Been through countless ECU and TCU variations. Had a handful of trans malfunctions.
…this thing is so lost at the moment.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I’m off that file now. They officially released an update the other day. I am not getting any malfunctions on the top end. But the daily drivability is probably the worst it’s ever been.. lurching, unsure of itself, clunking, holding gears too long in comfort.

I think my situation is particular. And in desperate need a clutch adaptation. But no one officially knows how..

I’ve had several trans services; one with filters, others without. Done a number of DSG ‘relearns’. Been through countless ECU and TCU variations. Had a handful of trans malfunctions.
…this thing is so lost at the moment.
Are you also on ECU Stage 2 Version 2.0? They released an update earlier this week for ECU Stage 2.

I have a 2019 so the TCU tune is not available for my box code, however after I updated to ECU Stage 2 V2.0, the car feels as if it will stall out when I am driving in the parking lot. I never had this issue on the previous version of Stage 2. I know there isn't anything wrong with my car because it didn't do this until I flashed the update as I ran the previous version for over 20K miles and it didn't do it on the stock file. I literally came home after seeing their post of the update, parked in my driveway to flash the update, reversed, and the issue was immediate when I drove out of my neighborhood.

IE has reached out to investigate this issue and I should hear more, but here's a video I was able to capture and share with them about the issue I'm experiencing on the updated ECU Stage 2 tune. Please ignore the CEL, it was a P0420 code of my HFC... but it should have been "hidden" by the tune, which was also strange.

Last edited by Daaavid; Yesterday at 07:47 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Daaavid
Are you also on ECU Stage 2 Version 2.0? They released an update earlier this week for ECU Stage 2.

I have a 2019 so the TCU tune is not available for my box code, however after I updated to ECU Stage 2 V2.0, the car feels as if it will stall out when I am driving in the parking lot. I never had this issue on the previous version of Stage 2. I know there isn't anything wrong with my car because it didn't do this until I flashed the update as I ran the previous version for over 20K miles and it didn't do it on the stock file. I literally came home after seeing their post of the update, parked in my driveway to flash the update, reversed, and the issue was immediate when I drove out of my neighborhood.

IE has reached out to investigate this issue and I should hear more, but here's a video I was able to capture and share with them about the issue I'm experiencing on the updated ECU Stage 2 tune. Please ignore the CEL, it was a P0420 code of my HFC... but it should have been "hidden" by the tune, which was also strange.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Iu0emYr3oOE?feature=share
hey man, yeah I’m on the V2 stage 2 ecu released from the other day. I remember your name from the Unitronic misfire issues.

But I am experiencing all the same symptoms. It’s borderline undriveable in parking lots, or daily traffic conditions. Like immediately noticeable after flashing.

V1.2 was good. V1.6 seemed like it could be improved. V2.0 needs to be looked at. I am also waiting to see what Gordon says.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

hey man, yeah I’m on the V2 stage 2 ecu released from the other day. I remember your name from the Unitronic misfire issues.

But I am experiencing all the same symptoms. It’s borderline undriveable in parking lots, or daily traffic conditions. Like immediately noticeable after flashing.

V1.2 was good. V1.6 seemed like it could be improved. V2.0 needs to be looked at. I am also waiting to see what Gordon says.
Ha, yes, that would be me. I've come out of the woods to talk about this because I cannot drive the car in traffic without it sounding and feeling like it's going to stall. Even my SO noticed the car felt funny and she's not privy on car mods, so it's not just me being hypercritical.

I reported this low speed driving concern in the Facebook groups and others have not reported this issue. You and I appear to be the only ones (for now), but the fact that I can recreate this issue every instance on both 91 and 93 octane tunes demonstrates there is an issue. It's not TCU related because I can't tune my TCU, so I bet if you went to the stock ECU tune while keeping the TCU tuned, it'll drive OK. Another member mentioned to me the ECU Stage 1 doesn't have this issue, so I will try flashing that and giving it a go.

I hope IE can have this issue fixed rather quickly, so I'll cross my fingers.

Last edited by Daaavid; Yesterday at 09:40 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think it’s also suspect that you and I both have the same JHM HFC. Except I never got a CEL.

Stage 2 is specifically to accommodate the HFC, so I don’t like the idea going down to stage 1 or stock. IE has advised me in the past to stay out of boost at all costs, if you have to go back to Stock ECU with HFC - which I have to do once a year, in order to pass emissions. The last time I needed a sticker, I was stock ECU with Stage 1 TCU, and I remember it drove like crap.

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think it’s also suspect that you and I both have the same JHM HFC. Except I never got a CEL.

Stage 2 is specifically to accommodate the HFC, so I don’t like the idea going down to stage 1 or stock. IE has advised me in the past to stay out of boost at all costs, if you have to go back to Stock ECU with HFC - which I have to do once a year, in order to pass emissions. The last time I needed a sticker, I was stock ECU with Stage 1 TCU, and I remember it drove like crap.
FWIW, I flashed the stock tune and then flashed over to ECU Stage 1 93 octane (Version 2.1), again without a TCU tune.

Guess what... no issues at all, car performed flawlessly. I drove for 11 miles on it, a couple of WOT pulls from 3rd to 4th and normal driving in [D] and [S]. No CEL and no lurching or bucking sensation at low speed. This confirms my suspicion that Stage 2 tune that was publicly released has an issue at the minimum. I'll run stage 1 for now to keep the car happy.
The following users liked this post:
LightningTruck (Yesterday)