A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Clutch Slippage After TCU Tune (Integrated Engineering)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dadams312
I'm having the exact same problem, started about 10 miles After the tune. Have to get logs to ie. Have you tried flashing back to stock?
Looks like he didn't have any issues when he flashed back to stock.
Originally Posted by nighthawk5263
I just flashed to stock trans tune and it was fine, no issues at all.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem, started about 10 miles After the tune. Have to get logs to ie. Have you tried flashing back to stock?
Are you stage 2 as well?
Old 02-09-2024, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yep, stage 2 for around 6 months, rock solid tune. Tcu however seems to need some work.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yep, stage 2 for around 6 months, rock solid tune. Tcu however seems to need some work.
I believe they are currently working on a new stage 2 tune, which I imagine will better pair with the TCU. I have the stage 1 (new version 2) ECU and TCU tune and it has been amazing for me. So I think it just sounds like it's best to wait to install the TCU until a new stage 2 ECU is dropped. Please let me know what IE says about this!
Old 02-09-2024, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by a4qttroIL
I believe they are currently working on a new stage 2 tune, which I imagine will better pair with the TCU. I have the stage 1 (new version 2) ECU and TCU tune and it has been amazing for me. So I think it just sounds like it's best to wait to install the TCU until a new stage 2 ECU is dropped. Please let me know what IE says about this!
What makes you guys think that the ECU tune needs to be changed to modify the TCU?
Old 02-09-2024, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by spawne32
What makes you guys think that the ECU tune needs to be changed to modify the TCU?
I mean there has to be something that the stage 2 ECU and new TCU don’t agree on. They are calibrating the stage 2 to work well with the TCU, if not maybe even creating a stage 2 TCU.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by a4qttroIL
I mean there has to be something that the stage 2 ECU and new TCU don’t agree on. They are calibrating the stage 2 to work well with the TCU, if not maybe even creating a stage 2 TCU.
To the best of my knowledge other DL382 cars that have tuning options available do not require any modifications to the ECU at all as the TCU is an entirely separate unit. So I can't for the life of me figure out why the ECU tunes would need to be recalibrated or dialed back from what people are reporting. Either way there is a bug in the tune obviously, but so far as I have heard IE is recommending people service their transmissions instead.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISSUE FIXED

Originally Posted by LightningTruck
Thanks for the information.
I just performed the calibrations with VCDS.
WOW the transmission shifts even better now! Part throttle downshifts quickly set you back in the seat, the torque is quickly applied to the wheels.
This ended up being the final fix. It slipped once after I performed these resets but was overall shifting and performing much better. The next day, I tried to recreate the clutch slip for a data log and I couldn’t. It just took a bit of time for the relearning process to start.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTruck
You have 74k miles on the car, better change that dual clutch fluid before you damage the clutches. I bet it looks black like mine did.
My trans fluid was changed by the Audi dealer at 40k and 80K miles. At 93k Miles the fluid was dark as seen below, and the car was never flashed with a tune.
It’s on my list of things to do soon, how much did that cost if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 02-10-2024, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by nighthawk5263
This ended up being the final fix. It slipped once after I performed these resets but was overall shifting and performing much better. The next day, I tried to recreate the clutch slip for a data log and I couldn’t. It just took a bit of time for the relearning process to start.
I had the same experience, trying to get a log and couldn't replicate the issue. I didn't do a trans calibration or anything.

Quick Reply: Clutch Slippage After TCU Tune (Integrated Engineering)