A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect

Hello Guys!

I’ve got a really annoying bug with my 2016 early production a4.
The thing is the Audi connect on the car.. Yes, I did register.. Yes, my Audi dealer is approved my registration and select me as the owner of the car.
I did everything with the registration, and everything should be alright however the last step where you need to log in on the car using the 8 digits just can’t pass through.
I was trying several login options like trying to use my username and password, but the same massege welcomes me always
Can’t connect to audi connect servers, try again later”
Soo.. I did.. I bought the car in november since then I’m doing it constantly.
One of my Audi dealer is don’t understand either, an other one tells me that the car is too old, which I wouldn’t want to believe.

I’m heading the same issue, and the same error code. The weirdest part is that the car sometimes have some kinda connection, because in the manager I see the up/downloaded datas for the past period.

is anyone heading the same issue? Or do tou have some magic VCDS code which can make this work? My idea is the Audi since 2016 changed the detalis of the connect and

so the older models just well became “old”.
I would be so grateful if anyone can help me solve this. Thank you guys, cheers.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your car may need to upgrade to a 4G connection. If your car has a 3G connection, 3G has gone away.
The following users liked this post:
nfarkass (04-15-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 288 Likes on 233 Posts

Yes 3G shutdown occurred in the US - don't know if the equivalent has occurred in the Netherlands, the country associated with @nfarkass .
nfarkass (04-15-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

I was just went down this path recently after we got our 2017 A4Q with MMI nav plus.

After working with our local dealer to have them make me the "key user" of the A4Q, we were able to authenticate immediately to the car in the Connection Manager. Without a paid Audi connect subscription, however, I can't do much with it, since our AT&T 3G data network is gone for two years now. The point here is that my registered e-mail address & my myAudi PIN (which, by the way, I first used back in 2017 with the MMI3G Plus in our 2014 A4Q to access my myAudi destintations & contacts) were sufficient to authenticate.

Do you know whether a system software update is available for your MIB2 MMI system ? --g
nfarkass (04-15-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

The car has a 3G modem and an LTE modem. 3G is used for functions when the car is off, like lock/unlock, etc. The LTE modem is used for the rest of the Audi Connect services, like mobile hotspot, satellite map, red light timer, etc.

In the United States they have shut down 3G networks, so all functionality on the app is gone.

In the car I can still log into Audi Connect and access paid services.

I'm not sure about your country but just wanted to set expectations. Unfortunately the dealer may be right that the car is too old.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Audi Connect in Virtual Console

Recently bought a 2018 TTRS and due to the car being a Canada Spec car it does not work on Audi Connect in the USA from what I has told. I appears to have al the hardware and SIM card slot in the glove box. But I noticed that there is now Audi Connect in the Virtual Console. How can I get this working in the US? Is there any VAG Coding that can be done for firmware updates? Really like the Google Maps and Online Services from the Navigation of the Audi Connection in my last Audi.

Would change out the MMI in the Glove box to a US based MMI unit fix the issue? Looking for any advice on how to make this work in the US. From my research the only difference in US Spec vs Canada Spec is the SIM card is not active in Canada Spec so must be a way to activate it.