A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

what was your experience with Audi's Owner in Waiting Program?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what was your experience with Audi's Owner in Waiting Program?

I recently placed an order and was put into the Audi Owner in Waiting email update program by my dealer. I was just wondering what experiences others have had with this program. How often did they send updates? We're they sent quickly when the status of the odetails changed (i.e. order goes from factory order bank to scheduled for production, etc.)
Old 01-10-2015, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have any input?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neddy191
Anyone have any input?
I waited 2 weeks for the transport to deliver my Allroad from California to Maine. It was a LONG 2 weeks as an Audi Owner Waiting for his Car.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Owner in waiting program good in theory

Originally Posted by neddy191
I recently placed an order and was put into the Audi Owner in Waiting email update program by my dealer. I was just wondering what experiences others have had with this program. How often did they send updates? We're they sent quickly when the status of the odetails changed (i.e. order goes from factory order bank to scheduled for production, etc.)
In theory this is would be a good program. However, my experience has turned out to be a huge disappointment.
In order to get the email notifications your dealer has to put in your email address. Then you get notifications.
In my situation the ball got dropped. No one will fess up, but the system didn't work, and we didn't get any emails. Further, when I contacted Audi customer care they were unable to search for my account or find any email addresses in their system! Indeed at first the customer care representative hadn't even heard of the program!
Customer care told me that it's up to the dealer to enter the information. In our situation the dealer doesn't know what email address they registered!
It's been 5 months since we ordered our Audi, and the email updates would have been helpful during this interminable wait.
My advice: make SURE that your dealer knows about this program. Make SURE that the dealer registers your email. Then check to make SURE you get the emails and they're not blocked by spam filters!
Good luck!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's hardly a "program". You just sit and wait.
Mine took two months and I did ask them at one point what the status was and they did tell me. Not sure if they were going to call anyway.
The time it takes varies a lot by when you place the order. I wouldn't do that between January and July since it would take forever due to the factory changeover and the dealers stoking up.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I've had a little experience with the program now, I've received the first 2 emails. It leaves a lot to be desired. There are a total of 4 emails that are sent, each a generic step in the process. My order was for a 2016 S6. 1. Ordered (I got this email about 3 weeks after my dealer actually entered my order into the audi system) 2. Built (I got this email a few days after my order was "released for production" - this email arrived before my car was likely built since it is typically around 3 weeks between released for production and when the car arrives in Emden to be shipped) 3. European port (haven't gotten this email) 4. US port.

Your dealer can look in the system and see these steps in much more detail. There are ETA's that are in the Audi system that are close to accurate once the order moves to the "released for prodction" step that these email updates don't give you.

When I order another Audi in the future I'll insist that the dealer send me screenshots of the Audi computer system "vehicle order" periodically to update me on the status of my order.