A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sports package and B&O system

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports package and B&O system

I am looking to get a 2010 A4 premium plus but have a couple of questions regarding the options. I apologize if this is a repeat

1. Is it possible to get the sports package with all weather tires instead of teh high performance summer tyres? I talked to a dealer and he said that it was only possible to get the sports package with summer tyres.

2. Does the B&O system or even the standard system hace an in-dash CD changer?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
equ
AudiWorld Member

Two of my favorite options, definitely get them! Prem plus/sports/b&o/exhaust tips is my config .

1. Not when I got my 2010, but one of the dealers I spoke to said that it would be possible to spec the car in later 2010's, that it is an option in the new order guide. This is just conversational. Should be possible, worst case, swap tires or get real snow tires.

2. Just a single CD I think on the B&O.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NDizle
2. Does the B&O system or even the standard system hace an in-dash CD changer?
On the 2009, at least, we have an in-dash six CD changer with the B&O.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dirt
On the 2009, at least, we have an in-dash six CD changer with the B&O.
Isn't that with navi though...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had to order a car to get the sports + B&O with a manual. It arrives mid Jan.

I already bought stock 17" tires with the all seasons from another member on the boards just to be ready. So I will have 2 sets of tires. I got lucky though. If you can do the same I would.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

A cd changer is no longer available with any option. Single CD only. And no all seasons cannot be ordered with the sports package. Nice part about the 18" sport package though is that there is a greater variety of tire choices available for replacements.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sports package has 18" or 19" wheels. 17" tires need 17" wheels. Don't buy old wheels they will not fit the hub.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 AM
equ
AudiWorld Member

I bought 2009 base (premium?) wheels, 17", 6-spoke from an audi dealer (a good deal on audizine classifieds). I did not want to deal with centering rings and different bolts for tirerack wheels (nothing fits the b8 without hardware). I wanted it to be idiot-proof. Bought winter performance tires (pilot alpin) on the web. The 18" sport wheels & p7 cinturatos are resting until the spring.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
A cd changer is no longer available with any option. Single CD only. And no all seasons cannot be ordered with the sports package. Nice part about the 18" sport package though is that there is a greater variety of tire choices available for replacements.
Thanks for clarifying. Audi seems to be taking away the most basic features from the A4. I guess I can understand not having a 6-CD changer because of the IPod interface but not having memory seats in the P+ trim is in my opinion ridiculous. It is really weird to spend almost 40k on a car that doesn't even have memory seats. I just do not have the extra dough to spring for a Presrige.

I also think more people would go for the sports package if it was offered with all season tires. I understand that one can buy snow tires separately but again after spending close to 40k for the car my wife (or my wallet for that matter) would not be too happy to spend more money on snow tires.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. It's always irked me that there isn't an option to swap the summer tires to all-season when opting for the sport package. After all, people in cold climates like sports suspensions, too.

Quick Reply: Sports package and B&O system