A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sirius Renewal

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Renewal

Sirius expired on my 2011 Q5 the other day and they automatically charged my cc for another full year (approx $156).

I called to tell them to honor the deal I received last year (approx $85 per year with royalties) or cancel my subscription effective immediately. They tried to explain that was only for new trial subscriptions for the first year. I told them ok, then cancel my subscription... it took about 2 seconds to honor last years price and refund the difference to my cc.

Never pay full price for satellite radio!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for this, mine expires in a couple months.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Always let subscriptions like this expire...companies will practically beg you to renew for half price.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was set auto-renew and my cc was authorized for full amount.

They'll never let you go and cancel so just ask to keep the trial subscription price which is usually 50% off the normal price.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Right after reading this thread I actually received a letter in the mail from serius offering a year of full sat radio for 86. Sounds a lot more reasonable than 152 for a full year.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Surprised they had your cc on file, the trial subscription of my wifes q5 (and also my a4 but that was in 09) didnt "renew" once the trial was up because they never had my cc to begin with. They had to court me once the time was up.

Did you already renew with them or something and then they tried to get you for a year?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this is a bit off topic. I just cancelled my subscription. They did try to sell me on a special deal but I wasn't interested. The reception in my area is terrible in the Audi, cutting out under every bridge and often losing signal along tree lined roads (which is most of them out here). The prior VW had the same problem. The Jeep on the other hand gets fantastic reception. Lots of threads on this. Some Audi drivers have great reception and others don't. I think location is the big factor, either with lots of open sky or ground repeaters. If they ever come out with a daily 'rental' rate for the occasional long trip, or if they improve the reception in my area, I'd consider turning it back on.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My trial expired, luckily no cc on file but I get mail from them almost every month offering me all these "deals"
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE

Trial expired on the 2012 A4. I called to setup new subscription and they would not give me same deal as on the Q5. I told them why would I pay twice as much as what I am currently paying on my other Audi. No explanation other than there are no current deals right now.

I called back hoping to get someone else more helpful and unfortunately... the same deal.

Business must be good a Sirius to not want to assist existing subscribers.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boltsfan
UPDATE

Trial expired on the 2012 A4. I called to setup new subscription and they would not give me same deal as on the Q5. I told them why would I pay twice as much as what I am currently paying on my other Audi. No explanation other than there are no current deals right now.

I called back hoping to get someone else more helpful and unfortunately... the same deal.

Business must be good a Sirius to not want to assist existing subscribers.

My trial also just ended on my A4. They called me about 15-20 times and I never answered until the day it expired. They offered me 6 months at $4.99/month. I am sure we will do the dance again in 6 months......

Quick Reply: Sirius Renewal