A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A Sirius problem (won't activate)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SiriusXM
Hi there-

We might need to refresh your signal?
I wish you could follow those instructions, but Audi multimedia interface does not allow one to tune to channel 184, or any channel if the subscription has lapsed.

There is also a problem with your technology using HEO satellites that leaves some areas unserved when you switch off the transponder as the birds leave the assigned ground track. The ground repeaters in metro areas have been a dismal failure like 4G is for cell phones.

All the kings men, and all the kings horses at Sirius could never get the $800 receiver in my Mercedes to work properly, so I gave up. When the trial in my Audi ended earlier than advertised, I never made a move to subscribe. It is far easier to use a smart phone to play Pandora in the car.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moviela
I wish you could follow those instructions, but Audi multimedia interface does not allow one to tune to channel 184, or any channel if the subscription has lapsed.

There is also a problem with your technology using HEO satellites that leaves some areas unserved when you switch off the transponder as the birds leave the assigned ground track. The ground repeaters in metro areas have been a dismal failure like 4G is for cell phones.

All the kings men, and all the kings horses at Sirius could never get the $800 receiver in my Mercedes to work properly, so I gave up. When the trial in my Audi ended earlier than advertised, I never made a move to subscribe. It is far easier to use a smart phone to play Pandora in the car.
Okay. I'm sorry to hear that. If you wish, send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com with your contact information, and we can reach out to help you. I apologize for the inconvenience you have had with SiriusXM.

SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see SiriusXM representation on the board! Sirius, if you wish, PM me an email address and I'll send you a copy of the letter I sent to your company (addressed to Quality Dept or Customer Complaints or something). I've had the issue with reception from my 2007 Passat and my 2010 S4. I had signed up and cancelled more than once on each between trials and paid services, and each time was the same result. I assume that cancelling and then re-signing would serve the same function as a refresh, but if not you may PM me and we can see what options may exist for us to work together. I think we're just stuck with German radios (or antennas) that don't work well with your signal in certain parts of the US. I've stated this before, but my wife's 2010 Wrangler radio/antenna beats the pants off the VW/Audi's setups with rarely a drop under the same conditions.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay. Could you send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we can discuss this in more detail over the phone? Thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SiriusXM
Okay. Could you send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we can discuss this in more detail over the phone? Thanks!
Hello. I sent an email a moment ago with contact info, a quick summary, and the original letter I sent to Sirius and Audi. The attachment is named Sirius disappointment.doc (sorry, couldn't help myself with the title which may have been influenced by the title of this thread). Thanks for your offer to discuss further.

--Jason
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update: I spoke with a SiriusXM rep today. He confirmed that the signal in my area (Mass) is very good. He has not come across any issues lately or in the long haul. We both agreed that the issue is likely with my antenna. He mentioned having the dealership look at it. When I looked into it with the VW, though, the VW dealer said the roof antenna is only accessible through the headliner inside the car (and at my cost since the limited warranty was up at that point). I'm reluctant to pursue a repair so far with the Audi, even under warranty. I'm concerned that the liner won't go back in as good as from the factory. If there was a TSB with a known fix with some dealer expertise, maybe. Without a TSB (or maybe even if one existed), I'd have to sign up again for the service and then have the dealership confirm the issue. For now, I plan to go without SAT radio. I'm happy though that Sirius took the time to listen and evaluate the issue.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I now have a 2010 loaded A4 including Bang Olufsen, previously had a 2008 loaded A4.

Both have(had) the same issue below.

Intermittent Sirius radio loss while driving down the same stretches of road or freeway, not going under overpasses and not going into tunnels.

These radio losses range from 2 to up to 10 seconds. When the radio goes down, the on screen also loses the info on what is being played.

Going on the same stretches of road, at the same times of the day, I have tested 3 other vehicles with Sirius, a Ford Cmax, BMW 135, and a Chev.

I have even had someone drive right next to me at the same exact time, and while my A4 loses signal, the other car didnt.

I have taken it in to Rusnak Audi on several occasions, and they insist it isnt the car, it is Sirius, I call Sirius and they insist the opposite.

Logic to me has it, it is the Audi or how Audi installed the Antenna????

Anyone???? Thank you