A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

AudiCare for a CPO question / Trunk net

Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AudiCare for a CPO question / Trunk net

Hey all,

First post on the board, just made a deal on a 2013 A4 MT last week, to be picked up on Thursday. Can't wait!

After the purchase, the sales manager went through his pitch to get me to buy into the following:

AudiCare New Vehicle Plan (first 4 services): $750
AudiCare CPO Plan (another 3 services): $850

The car is 1 year and 3 months old, and has 12,000 km on it (~7500 miles).

I gather from reading posts that the base AudiCare is generally worth the money, but my question is this: Does it seem fair that I'm buying the full $750 dollar plan when I didn't even own the car for over a year of its life? Shouldn't the first service already have been done by now? Technically it says that the new vehicle plan must be completed within the first 5 years of the car's life and the current mileage is lower than the guidelines for the first AudiCare service, but it just seems a bit weird to me to pay the full price for the package.

I'm going to ask about this but just in case I'm missing something, or if anyone has any opinions or insight, I'd be grateful!

Also, has anyone ever bought the CPO AudiCare plan (3 more services in the 5th, 6th and 7th year of the car's life)? Is it worthwhile or do people generally just go to a third-party mechanic to do those services for cheaper?

Question #2:

I've seen in some images on the internet that some Audi A4's have a handy storage net hooked up on the bottom of the trunk, presumably for securing things like groceries and the like. Is that supposed to come with the car, or is that something you have to buy separately from Audi or a third party manufacturer?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

The trunk net came with each of the three Audis I've owned. I've never used them, however. I find it more convenient to stretch some bungie cords between the tiedown loops. Lets me hold an infinite variety of packages, etc.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 5000 mile service is free/included for all Audis. It's to clear all the crap out of the oil form the initial wear in peroid.

Audicare is covering the 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k service (sorry, not converting to km right now).

Edit: Trunk net only comes with Premium+ or Prestige lines

Last edited by Nostromo; 05-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nostromo
The 5000 mile service is free/included for all Audis. It's to clear all the crap out of the oil form the initial wear in peroid.

Audicare is covering the 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k service (sorry, not converting to km right now).
Right, makes sense. But there's also a time limit on the AudiCare servicing, so isn't the 15k service supposed to happen by the end of the first year, regardless of whether or not you've driven 15k? Or am I wrong, should the 15k service happen by the end of the second year?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No idea. I put so many miles on my car that time became irrelevant
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by physonect
Right, makes sense. But there's also a time limit on the AudiCare servicing, so isn't the 15k service supposed to happen by the end of the first year, regardless of whether or not you've driven 15k? Or am I wrong, should the 15k service happen by the end of the second year?
Audi scheduled maintenance states that after the included first 5K miles service, it's every 10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first (plus or minus 1K miles). Audi Care works the same way. So, it's time or miles.

Here's my summary article on Audi Care you may find informative:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=1
Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Audi scheduled maintenance states that after the included first 5K miles service, it's every 10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first (plus or minus 1K miles). Audi Care works the same way. So, it's time or miles.

Here's my summary article on Audi Care you may find informative:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=1
Thanks for the reply and link, it makes a lot more sense to me now. Seems worthwhile to me, so I think I'll go ahead and get it.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A4Driver
The trunk net came with each of the three Audis I've owned. I've never used them, however. I find it more convenient to stretch some bungie cords between the tiedown loops. Lets me hold an infinite variety of packages, etc.
Oddly enough, they claimed it doesn't come with my car. Maybe a difference between US vs. Canada? In any case, they agreed to throw it in for free so I'm happy either way.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You are simply prepaying for your service! I am picking up a second A4 on Friday (a 2013 too) and opted to not buy the care package. The trunk net I have used once since 2005! Dealer service is costly so I would weigh buying the package by where you are planning on servicing the car. They say the package is discounted. IDK, maybe! Great car!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Len A4
You are simply prepaying for your service! I am picking up a second A4 on Friday (a 2013 too) and opted to not buy the care package. The trunk net I have used once since 2005! Dealer service is costly so I would weigh buying the package by where you are planning on servicing the car. They say the package is discounted. IDK, maybe! Great car!
Interesting, did you decide not to buy the AudiCare because you'll be doing your own servicing or are you going to take it to a cheaper third-party mechanic?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AudiCare for a CPO question / Trunk net