A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rear ended!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended!

So I got rear ended by a Dodge Ram today...Wish it would just be totaled but I don't think there's enough damage. At least everyone is ok.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Photo

Photo
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks awful. Sorry you got tagged by a nudnik in a pickup. The car did its job and protected the passengers. Sad part is even though the Ram is 100% at fault, your insurance company will find a way to collect from you for 3 years. It is what they do.

Rear enders can seem inconsequential, however, the next day you might be hurting. Get a PI attorney and see a doctor right away. This will prevent the adjusters from playing you like a cheap fiddle.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ouch! Sorry it happened but as long as you are okay, the car can be fixed. Like Moviela stated, be cautious with potential injuries. Assuming you feel fine now and do not have any obvious immediate injuries, be sure to make it an issue and do not agree to anything they offer re: injuries until you consult a medical professional. I was rear ended in our C6 Avant without as much damage resulting as your A4. It was not that bad overall. I was not obviously hurt immediately but did have some stiffness a few days later. Honestly, it was not anything major. The other insurance company was more than willing to negotiate with me on a cash settlement. It was in their best interest to pay me off before attorneys got involved. I'm not talking big money but enough to get some massage therapy or chiropractic treatment. If your injuries are more serious, get a good PI lawyer.

Whenever I see damage to a car where some kind of lemonade can be made out of the lemons, I think you might as well try to make some good out of it. How about a S-Line bumper as a replacement? Maybe have parking sensors retrofitted while in the shop and the back end is off. Most bodyshops will work with you on that stuff.

Good luck with this!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That S line bumper sounds like a good idea. I'm just concerned that might be an issue at the end of my lease?? As I no longer plan on buying the car.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're OK. I hope everyone is fine the next day too.

The car did a good job of protecting you, and it has a great crash rating..

Hope you get it fixed, and make sure that everything is CORRECT. Don't be afraid to tell the shop that they need to do something again, go over those brake light lenses etc to make sure they look pristine, when replaced, and all your paint matches, and the fenders and bumper all fit together well.

Your car was violated, and you deserve to have it fixed, PROPERLY.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Glad everyone is ok! But I too suggest going to a PI lawyer just incase. And visit the doctor so it's on record you went. You never know what injuries may pop up over time. That was no small hit, so you may feel something as time goes by.

I was hit last week, but it was so minor and it wasn't from behind, it was just a clip that I barely felt.

Good luck
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Glad you're OK. Your insurance won't go up and an S-line bumper will not be an issue either as long as it is an OEM part. I'd personally take it to an Audi dealership and have them fix it to their standards.

Good Luck!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vtheman
Glad you're OK. Your insurance won't go up and an S-line bumper will not be an issue either as long as it is an OEM part. I'd personally take it to an Audi dealership and have them fix it to their standards.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I called the dealer and asked who they use. Dropped the car off this afternoon for repair...The impala rental is no Audi!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Get the new facelift ROW tails + an S4 trunk for your replacements! Sunny side of the accident.