A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rate for excessive mileage on my Audi lease is blank...what is the rate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rate for excessive mileage on my Audi lease is blank...what is the rate?

I was just looking over my Audi paperwork from when I leased my car last April and I noticed that it says "You may be charged Excessive Wear based on our standards for normal use and for mileage in excess of 32,500 with a maximum odometer reading of 32,755 at a $0. ____ per mile."

Is that fee a standard fee or does it depend on each lease and what you negotiate? I don't remember it being brought up when we got the car.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HX_Guy
I was just looking over my Audi paperwork from when I leased my car last April and I noticed that it says "You may be charged Excessive Wear based on our standards for normal use and for mileage in excess of 32,500 with a maximum odometer reading of 32,755 at a $0. ____ per mile."

Is that fee a standard fee or does it depend on each lease and what you negotiate? I don't remember it being brought up when we got the car.
If it wasn't filled in when the contract was signed, you could technically have a case later for unlimited mileage if push came to shove. The finance dept. screwed up if it was left blank (unless it shows elsewhere on the agreement you signed).
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Leases typically have milage limits. If you have the option to purchase the car at the end of the lease (and like the car) milage would not be an issue.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If it wasn't filled in when the contract was signed, you could technically have a case later for unlimited mileage if push came to shove. The finance dept. screwed up if it was left blank (unless it shows elsewhere on the agreement you signed).
Yea, the finance dept seems to have messed up. All other areas on the contract either have a dollar amount filled in or N/A written in, except this space where it should say what the rate is.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Type a zero there.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will call Audi Financial, I'm curious what they say.

I was actually originally planning to buy the car at the end of the lease as I actually come out better doing that than if I would have financed it, so the mileage wouldn't really matter anyway.
I'm not so certain anymore though because I have really come to dislike the CVT transmission though.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
Type a zero there.
I luv it !

Premium cars are typically $.25/mile.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would argue it is an error. Typing in a zero would not make sense for a contract that allowed x number of miles.

Better write in .000001
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Changing anything unilaterally to your copy of a contract could be construed as a forgery as it is done after the signature execution by both parties. It would also not match the other party's original. It would also be true if they were to do the same. Leave it blank.

I would not call the lender as they would just tell you what the mileage should have been in hopes you would not contest the lack of the entry on the contract. They might even request you sign a revised version. Wait until the end of the lease and if you were to turn the car in, you could argue your case then if the mileage was exceeded. As you pointed out, if you do a buyout, it's moot.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The finance guy must have been high that day or something as the part where it's supposed to say what the fee to buyout the car is...is also blank. The residual is there, but then there's a spot for any additional fee to buy it and it's blank. Reads like this:

You have the option to purchase the Vehicle at the end of the Lease Term for a Purchase Option Amount of $20973.75 plus a Purchase Option Fee of $.______ plus all amounts You owe under the Lease, plus any official fees and taxes imposed in connection wtih the purchase of the vehicle.

I heard that the finance guy who out this together got fired not too long afterwards...he actually tried to pull some shady **** on my deal that I called him on and was confirmed correct once the sales manager stepped in and reviewed it.

Last edited by HX_Guy; 02-03-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Rate for excessive mileage on my Audi lease is blank...what is the rate?