A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Poll : Do you read the manual when you get a new car? I get the impression many don't! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most people don't know but the centre console has an up position. I only figured this out after seeing a video car review- now I need to read the manual again.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What do you mean center console has an UP position? That sentence alone doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Especially with newer cars reading the manual is nearly a requirement. To be sure there are many items that one can briefly peruse, but if you want to get the full value of a car such as the A4 B8 you are forced to read. For example information on items such as, how to display the digital speedo, how to turn off the stereo, how to check the oil, etc need the manual. Soon after delivery is a good time to review the manual because you are excited and the manual gives you a good feedback with your new car.

The A4 B8 owner's manual is well written. However, I am waiting to buy the paper copy of the Bently repair manual.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't it a requirement that the Audi salesperson reviews all features with each buyer? Mine spent about 20 to 30 minutes with me going over all of the features. I think he covered the majority of functions pretty well. I will use the manual as reference material.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Isn't it a requirement that the Audi salesperson reviews all features with each buyer? Mine spent about 20 to 30 minutes with me going over all of the features. I think he covered the majority of functions pretty well. I will use the manual as reference material.
I took delivery of mine on a Friday night, started transaction before the dealership closed and they stayed behind to close the deal so they wanted to get the hell out of there. The guy luckily showed me how to start/stop the car with the push-key but that was about it.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
I took delivery of mine on a Friday night, started transaction before the dealership closed and they stayed behind to close the deal so they wanted to get the hell out of there. The guy luckily showed me how to start/stop the car with the push-key but that was about it.
"Here's your keys, here's your manual, have a nice day now get the hell out."

Mine even helped me connect my phone and set radio stations. Maybe I paid too much...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
"Here's your keys, here's your manual, have a nice day now get the hell out."
hahaha!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been meaning to read my manual since I got the car, but never actually had the time to sit down and do it yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I never did in the past, cause it was pretty much - insert key, put in D, go. But the last new car I bought was 6+ years ago. So things are a bit different now. After realizing this, I did read parts of the manual.

Kerry
Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kerrydel1
I never did in the past, cause it was pretty much - insert key, put in D, go. But the last new car I bought was 6+ years ago. So things are a bit different now. After realizing this, I did read parts of the manual.

Kerry
This new manual says, "Insert key into the ignition...or don't, because you don't have to!"

Have I mentioned that I love the remote key feature? I wish I had the same for my house.

Quick Reply: Poll : Do you read the manual when you get a new car? I get the impression many don't! ;)