A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Ordered 2012 A4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toknee
Just ordered an Audi A4 Prestige with SLine package in Moonlight Blue.

In case you want to see how Moonlight Blue looks, it's a color option on the A7's. The dealer had one on the floor, and that pretty much convinced me to get that color over the Monsoon Grey.

Had no 2012 pricing, but negotiated $2500 off the 2012 price the car will come out to. Dealer said that if prices did go up, it would be about 1%. It's a gamble, but I configured a 2011 model similar to what I wanted, and used that as a basis for negotiating a discount.

There is a shortage of backup cameras from the manufacturer. I was informed that the car will not be delivered with a back up camera. The dealer stated that when the cameras were available again, it would be installed free of charge. They showed me a sales guide for the sales people that stated this. The sales people were in training today at the dealership on the 2012 models.

I was told a delivery time of late August, that was also when they were going to get their inventory in of 2012 A4's.

Hope this helps anybody looking to order a 2012 A4.
When you go back to the dealership, can you take a picture of the floor model in Moonlight Blue, please?

Every "Moonlight Blue" that I've seen in all the various Audi car configurators are all different.

Lots of us would love to see the real thing!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kleggo
Iris Blue like my 993?

cheers

Craig
Looks alot like Audi's Santorin Blue, one of my favorites from back in the B5 days.

Beautiful 993.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by geronimosan
When you go back to the dealership, can you take a picture of the floor model in Moonlight Blue, please?

Every "Moonlight Blue" that I've seen in all the various Audi car configurators are all different.

Lots of us would love to see the real thing!
Stopped by the dealer today, on the way back from lunch.

Snapped a couple of quick pics, not the best, but gives you a good idea of the color in good light, and low light.

The sky was overcast today, but the pics came out with the front a good representation of the color in bright light, and how it looks with poor light, towards the rear.

Thumbs up to Meadowlands Audi for letting me snap some pics.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am officially waiting for delivery!

2012 Premium plus, quattro, trip, Ice silver/light grey
Sport package
Nav
B&O
Advanced key

They are telling me October so I have a helluva wait ahead.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mp906
I am officially waiting for delivery!

2012 Premium plus, quattro, trip, Ice silver/light grey
Sport package
Nav
B&O
Advanced key

They are telling me October so I have a helluva wait ahead.
NICE! Congrats. Got word my car goes into product around 6/6 and should be here in July. Went with an 2012 P+ avant Ice/Black with Sports Pack and B&O
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update on mine, I've now got a ship date of June-22 with arrival at dealer end of July. This seems pretty good until I remember that I ordered it on March-18

I almost changed my color when toknee posted up those Moonlight Blue pictures. I like that so much better than the dark blue from 2011 (deep sea blue?).

BTW, if anyone is looking at this thread, thinking of ordering a 2012 and wants an order that will get moving right away, I'd recommend you send a PM to Carguy19. He can make it happen and knows the process inside and out. A pleasure to deal with all around.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by toknee
Stopped by the dealer today, on the way back from lunch...
Many thanks for hte pics! This gives a better idea of color than the Audi configurators.

If anyone has pics from afar, of the entire vehicle, under neither super bright or super dark conditions, but instead, simply out in normal, average light, those too would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also ordered an Avant back in May. Prem Plus, sport, bang, nav, adv key, rear air bags, in Monsoon/Black. Got the pricing yesterday and a tentative delivery early August. I was also told there would be a small price increase over the 2011, there was none. They rejiggerd the options but the base price was only $100 more than last year, lowered the price of Nav and Sport. Since I was able to add advanced key, the total MSRP was only about $200 more than the equivalent car at the prior years price (plus adv key was a $550 adder).

Pretty darn happy with the result. My dealer participates in the Amex Car deal at about $500 over invoice. I might get a bit off that with my connections.

now I need to sell some cars before the A$ comes, my driveway is starting to look like a used car dealership.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ordered mine too

I also ordered an Avant back in May. Prem Plus, sport, bang, nav, adv key, rear air bags, in Monsoon/Black. Got the pricing yesterday and a tentative delivery early August. I was told there would be a price increase over the 2011, there was none. They rejiggerd the options bu the base price was only $100 more than last year, lowered the price of Nav and Sport. Since I was able to add advanced key, the total MSRP was only about $200 more than the equivalent car at the prior years price (adv key was a $550 adder).

Pretty darn happy with the result. My dealer participates in the Amex Car deal at about $500 over invoice. I might get a bit off that with my connections.

now I need to sell some cars before the A$ comes, my driveway is starting to look like a used car dealership.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

esWink: What dealer did you go with?

Quick Reply: Ordered 2012 A4