A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

OK I Bit the Bullet--2010 A4 Ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Default OK I Bit the Bullet--2010 A4 Ordered!

Well, I finally bit the bullet. After looking for over a month, I have decided on a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige, with Driver Assist and Walnut. The order was placed yesterday, and the dealer says I should still have the car before the end of July.

The final deciding factor was driving the 335i X drive yesterday for an extensive drive. It was too choppy for my wife and she was uncomfortable driving it--and she loved the Audi.

The vehicle was ordered in Meteor Gray Pearl with grey interior and walnut...

I can't wait.

Thanks to those who helped answer questions for me here--I am VERY much looking forward to returning my M35x and getting this new Audi!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats!! now the wait begins
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks--I am actually excited about a new car for the first time in quite a while.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent Choices. I enjoy the grey/walnut interior. By getting the Audi, you never get the aroma of rice wafting about the car as you had with the M35.

Now that you have placed an order, be sure to look seriously at European Delivery. I have never had so much fun than taking a car from the factory and strethcing it's legs in Europe. Trust me, your wife will enjoy the trip as much as you will.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually considered European delivery, but my wife and I are already planning a trip to Italy with my cousins in June, and our daughter is home from college for the summer, so it wouldn't work--plus it would delay actually getting the car into my hands here!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You'll love it and good choice of colors.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Art234
Well, I finally bit the bullet. After looking for over a month, I have decided on a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige, with Driver Assist and Walnut. The order was placed yesterday, and the dealer says I should still have the car before the end of July.

The final deciding factor was driving the 335i X drive yesterday for an extensive drive. It was too choppy for my wife and she was uncomfortable driving it--and she loved the Audi.

The vehicle was ordered in Meteor Gray Pearl with grey interior and walnut...

I can't wait.

Thanks to those who helped answer questions for me here--I am VERY much looking forward to returning my M35x and getting this new Audi!
congrats which dealer took the order?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

The choice of dealer was really tough, but in the end the decision came down to which dealer had the best product knowledge and follow up skills.

I dealt with Audi of Huntington, which is closest to me, and Legend Audi, which is second closest. Both allowed me extensive test drives, including the A6 which I considered as well. Both managers were friendly and helpful, and acknowledging my time in the business, each dealt in a no nonsense up front manner when discussing pricing etc.

In the end, here is what tipped the choice--as some may know I had concerns about the 3G MMI not being HDD and not having traffic. I asked both dealers on the same day to contact the factory or factory personnel to try and get me a definitive answer....and while no one has got the answer yet, the salesman at Legend called me back that night and said, "sorry we don't have an answer, we're still working on it". I still have not heard back from Huntington. Also, when I send emails to either dealer, the average response time from Huntington is 4 to 5 DAYS, while Legend answers within hours....plus the sales rep at Legend was MUCH more knowledgeable.

So at the end of the day, I ordered the car from Legend--they earned it.

I am looking forward to getting this car!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Art234
The choice of dealer was really tough, but in the end the decision came down to which dealer had the best product knowledge and follow up skills.

I dealt with Audi of Huntington, which is closest to me, and Legend Audi, which is second closest. Both allowed me extensive test drives, including the A6 which I considered as well. Both managers were friendly and helpful, and acknowledging my time in the business, each dealt in a no nonsense up front manner when discussing pricing etc.

In the end, here is what tipped the choice--as some may know I had concerns about the 3G MMI not being HDD and not having traffic. I asked both dealers on the same day to contact the factory or factory personnel to try and get me a definitive answer....and while no one has got the answer yet, the salesman at Legend called me back that night and said, "sorry we don't have an answer, we're still working on it". I still have not heard back from Huntington. Also, when I send emails to either dealer, the average response time from Huntington is 4 to 5 DAYS, while Legend answers within hours....plus the sales rep at Legend was MUCH more knowledgeable.

So at the end of the day, I ordered the car from Legend--they earned it.

I am looking forward to getting this car!

good to know, I'm a Nassau guy and I am not thrilled with either Anchor or Beiner
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

If and when you look again, I will be happy to refer you to the sales rep I dealt with--he's a car guy like me and he understood my needs and concerns.

Quick Reply: OK I Bit the Bullet--2010 A4 Ordered!