A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

My car got a make over ! Stasis touring and ECU quick review

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THINK THATS A REFLECTION
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vogeygolf
Where did you get the side guards/door blades?

Vog
You can get them from your dealership or from many online sites. They're officially called "stone guards".
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

finally got around to cleaning the car, just wanted to share some pictures of the drop and wheels, im not a good photographer.
the mod this weekend was the luminix film on the headlights.

http://img269.imageshack.us/slidesho...=dsci0001u.jpg
Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Very cool.

--Phil
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iflywoe
finally got around to cleaning the car, just wanted to share some pictures of the drop and wheels, im not a good photographer.
the mod this weekend was the luminix film on the headlights.

http://img269.imageshack.us/slidesho...=dsci0001u.jpg
Looks great! Glad to see someone running 18's with a nice suspension set-up. I have plans to install H&R coilovers and 18's on my premium but was afraid that the 18's might look too small. After seeing yours I think that is the way to go.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

that is the StaSiS suspension wring? How much did it drop the car? I am still awaiting my new A4, and reasearch what suspension to put in!! Car looks awesome!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Last week was a busy one for my car, she got new shoes, the Stasis touring kit and last but not least the Stasis ECU upgrade.

The wheels were ordered 6 weeks ago, and I have been experimenting with lowering the car to make the new wheels look really good. The H&R OE sport springs gave me the drop and handling that I was looking for but I wanted the ride to be more comfortable ( the ride was really close to OEM but too sporty for me if that makes sence ). After talking to Jeff at Stasis and getting the kind of info only an Audi tuning brand can provide I thought let’s give them a try. You might pay more for Stasis and sure you get that piece of mind with warranty but you really pay for the research and development, this guys really know our cars and I couldn’t find a negative review anywhere.

The Touring suspension is really nice , It’s an even drop all the way around and the car doesn’t look higher on the front than on the back. The ride quality is so close to stock it’s really hard to tell the difference sometimes, brick road are smoother, turns are more direct without breaking your neck, it feels very refine and controlled. There's hardly any body roll on turns, and you don’t feel the car isolate after going over a bump, it corrects it's self after the first time. In other words it's not bouncy.

The Stasis ECU upgrade it's a lot of fun, the car feels solid, more capable and pulls harder. I really don’t think that I could tell the difference between GIAC or APR what’s a HP here or there. It's been fun but I will let you guys know about gas mileage soon, it’s been hard to get my foot off the gas pedal.

The VMR 708 18' look a lot nicer in person than in any of the pictures I found online. The Hankook Evo 12 are a really nice tire, quiet, comfortable and they hang on to the road on every turn.

If I was to do it all over again I would have just gotten the whole Stasis package, the wheels alone are worth the money.
What finish are those 708s? First angle looks like Hyper Black, second looks like Hyper Silver. I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't see any mention of the finish...
Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nicholasG78
that is the StaSiS suspension wring? How much did it drop the car? I am still awaiting my new A4, and reasearch what suspension to put in!! Car looks awesome!!
drop was a little less than an inch and a half about 1.4,
do an internet search for the springs you can find them for 360 350.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
What finish are those 708s? First angle looks like Hyper Black, second looks like Hyper Silver. I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't see any mention of the finish...
sorry , they are hypersilver, and the pictures dont do them justice.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

sorry , they are hypersilver, and the pictures dont do them justice.
I believe you, but they still look GOOD! Now you have me thinking... I was convinced that HS was not the way to go with my Brilliant Black (I am looking to get a black chrome/black diamond sort of theme going). But that first angle has me thinking HS might actually work. Decisions- ugh!

In any event- LOVE THE LOOK ON YOUR CAR!

Quick Reply: My car got a make over ! Stasis touring and ECU quick review