A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

My car got a make over ! Stasis touring and ECU quick review

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car got a make over ! Stasis touring and ECU quick review

Last week was a busy one for my car, she got new shoes, the Stasis touring kit and last but not least the Stasis ECU upgrade.

The wheels were ordered 6 weeks ago, and I have been experimenting with lowering the car to make the new wheels look really good. The H&R OE sport springs gave me the drop and handling that I was looking for but I wanted the ride to be more comfortable ( the ride was really close to OEM but too sporty for me if that makes sence ). After talking to Jeff at Stasis and getting the kind of info only an Audi tuning brand can provide I thought let’s give them a try. You might pay more for Stasis and sure you get that piece of mind with warranty but you really pay for the research and development, this guys really know our cars and I couldn’t find a negative review anywhere.

The Touring suspension is really nice , It’s an even drop all the way around and the car doesn’t look higher on the front than on the back. The ride quality is so close to stock it’s really hard to tell the difference sometimes, brick road are smoother, turns are more direct without breaking your neck, it feels very refine and controlled. There's hardly any body roll on turns, and you don’t feel the car isolate after going over a bump, it corrects it's self after the first time. In other words it's not bouncy.

The Stasis ECU upgrade it's a lot of fun, the car feels solid, more capable and pulls harder. I really don’t think that I could tell the difference between GIAC or APR what’s a HP here or there. It's been fun but I will let you guys know about gas mileage soon, it’s been hard to get my foot off the gas pedal.

The VMR 708 18' look a lot nicer in person than in any of the pictures I found online. The Hankook Evo 12 are a really nice tire, quiet, comfortable and they hang on to the road on every turn.

If I was to do it all over again I would have just gotten the whole Stasis package, the wheels alone are worth the money.

A couple of pictures of the drop:

http://img694.imageshack.us/slidesho...=img0520og.jpg

I'll take better pictures this week.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Lookin' good! So would you say the touring suspension is significantly more comfortable than the OE Sports or slightly more comfortable? Obviously you have upgraded your wheels and tires as well, but overall how significant would you say the change is in the comfort dept?

Glad you like the Hankooks btw
Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Lookin' good! So would you say the touring suspension is significantly more comfortable than the OE Sports or slightly more comfortable? Obviously you have upgraded your wheels and tires as well, but overall how significant would you say the change is in the comfort dept?

Glad you like the Hankooks btw
i had to drive to tampa from orlando to get the springs and ecu done on tuesday, i didnt get the new tires on till friday since they were deliver on tuesday too, but i drove home in the oem 17's and i would have to say the comfort level its between significant and slight, on the highway you cant tell the difference but the touring kit can handle imperfections far better than h&r.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^Sounds good, looks like the bumpstops included w/ the touring suspension make quite a bit of difference. Can't wait to see the new pics.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
^Sounds good, looks like the bumpstops included w/ the touring suspension make quite a bit of difference. Can't wait to see the new pics.
they are not included anymore, you have to cut the oem ones.
but you were right on the money about those tires, you would expect to pay a lot more for a tire like that.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor

Glad you're enjoying the wheels. The car is looking great!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iflywoe
The Stasis ECU upgrade it's a lot of fun, the car feels solid, more capable and pulls harder. I really don’t think that I could tell the difference between GIAC or APR what’s a HP here or there. It's been fun but I will let you guys know about gas mileage soon, it’s been hard to get my foot off the gas pedal.
Good to know that they've finally gotten the 2010 ECU Tune out... maybe I'll look into their upgrade after I get my car back from the dealer for the dead ECU. The peace of mind of having a warranty on the upgrade will be worth the money.

Last edited by UmIsThisThingOn; 08-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

[IMG][/IMG]
next to another a4 just get an idea of drop, its a bad phone pic.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where did you get the side guards/door blades?

Vog

Quick Reply: My car got a make over ! Stasis touring and ECU quick review