A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Looks like the A4 TDi doesn't have very good reviews on the handling front.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like the A4 TDi doesn't have very good reviews on the handling front.

Could be the weight of the diesel overcame the MLP chassis.<ul><li><a href="http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Audi-A4-30-TDI-SE-Quattro-car-review/">http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Audi-A4-30-TDI-SE-Quattro-car-review/</a</li></ul>
Old 05-21-2008, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Looks like the A4 TDi doesn't have very good reviews on the handling front.

Interesting to find parsifal_71's review on the webiste. seems like parsifal_71 is very enthusiastic about expressing his ideas about the new A4. More interesting to find the he actually just registered his account the day when the car's review came out.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Be careful what you wish for ...

... because you might get it. The 3.0 turbo diesel with the 6MT is the combination that the enthusiasts on this site have been clamoring for. This review is just one opinion but the engine/transmission may not be worth the fuss.

For me, I was planning to wait for the 6MT with the 2.0 gas turbo. With this review bashing the manual, now I am not so sure that I should not go ahead with the automatic.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd be happy with a TDI Tip... that might actually be preferrable given the narrow diesel rev range.

Figure it idles at 800 RPM and redline is around 4500, could make for a lot of rowing. Though with that much torque on tap you could just leave the car in third gear most of the time.

I want the chance to run both drive trains past my own butt-dyno before I make any decisions. The UK auto press is notoriously anti-Audi as well so I take their review with a grain of salt.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

manual which comes with 2.0TDI FWD is absolutely perfect
Old 05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This is just an opinion that I'm not quite buying. I'll wait to see it for

myself. In my opinion the article is biased.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

And he didn't actually have any substance to his review.. only pointed to here and said it was junk
Old 05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: And he didn't actually have any substance to his review.. only pointed to here and said it was j

Seems to be a biased review. When Audi held that get together a couple of weeks ago in Spain to test drive the new A4. All of the major reviewers such as Car and Driver and Motor Trend were loving power and handling of the new A4. Then again that was the 2.0T Avant they were driving around in.... I doubt the weight of the diesel engine affects the handling that much?
Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

At least one of the Avants in Ibiza was a 3.0 TDI.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:48 AM
RS7

Default Crap review IMO.

I've sat in the car before and I found that the interior was far superior to the B7. And saying that the 3 series and C class are catching up in terms of interior quality... erm no. Its still eons ahead.

And what are they going on about no oversteer etc, most people who have this car will never push the car to those limits (I'd say the same would apply for the majority of C's and 3's out there).

Everyone on these forums is asking for a manual transmission and this guy wants an auto? Seems kind of weird, manual is better for performance which is all they care about.

I think its stupid that they treat this car as if its a track car, the S4 and RS4 have always been the track cars in my opinion. The A4 has always been an executive luxury saloon to me.

It will be interesting to see how it drives when I get a chance at it. I've got a feeling its much better than he says it is seeing as he was so wrong about many other things.

Quick Reply: Looks like the A4 TDi doesn't have very good reviews on the handling front.