A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Help! Found something broken near coil. Dont know what it is.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Found something broken near coil. Dont know what it is.

Can somebody tell me what this connector is? I was checking the coil, cuz I got a CEL with a misfire on #1 code. I had washed my engine bay yesterday and thought it might be moisture in that coil. I disconnected all these little plugs to have more space to pull the coils up. I noticed that one of the little yellow things was shorter than the others and realized that half the plug was still in the receptacle -broken in half. It wasn't even coming off the #1 coil, its associated with the #2. I bet that there was enough of a connection that it didnt throw a code. It probably would never have been found if I didnt pull it out. Anybody got a part number or cost or ANY info on how to repair this? One pic is the plug as it SHOULD be. The other pics are the broken plug and where it plugs into. Plus anybody know how to reset the Limp Home mode? Its a 2009 Audi A4 w/Quattro. Thanks!
Attached Images    
Old 07-22-2014, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

The things sticking out of your valve cover are your N205 valves. The part that's broken should have a part number on it I'm pretty that's it in the picture your holding. I'm not sure if you have to buy the whole unit or just the one that's broken. It's called an impulse sender. When you ask for assistance on this kind of thing it's best to include your engine.

Also, if your in limp mode you can't just clear it away. You need to find out which module is the cause or if it's electrical related. What I suggest is you take it into a mechanic once you fixed the sender and it's still driving in limp mode.

Last edited by Dolamite; 07-22-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dolamite
The things sticking out of your valve cover are your N205 valves. The part that's broken should have a part number on it I'm pretty that's it in the picture your holding. I'm not sure if you have to buy the whole unit or just the one that's broken. It's called an impulse sender. When you ask for assistance on this kind of thing it's best to include your engine.

Also, if your in limp mode you can't just clear it away. You need to find out which module is the cause or if it's electrical related. What I suggest is you take it into a mechanic once you fixed the sender and it's still driving in limp mode.
Thanks for the info. The engine is a 2.0 T.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Banned

That connector is 5.49 and takes 2-3 days to get to us first, then 3-5 working days out to you depending on where you are. It is 07P973702 for the Audi OE part number. It won't come with the wire terminals but that should be fine since you'll want to transfer yours from the old to the new one. Any questions please ask us. Thanks, Jeff.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
That connector is 5.49 and takes 2-3 days to get to us first, then 3-5 working days out to you depending on where you are. It is 07P973702 for the Audi OE part number. It won't come with the wire terminals but that should be fine since you'll want to transfer yours from the old to the new one. Any questions please ask us. Thanks, Jeff.
The fact that u took the time to reply goes a long way in deciding where I take my future business. I will save your page for next time since I found/ordered the part last night already.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If its not one thing its another with this car. I'm starting to lose faith in Audi....but the car looks sooooo nice. I found oil on top of the #4 plug. Looks like I gotta do a Valve Cover gasket soon. With all the money I've spent just to keep this thing running, I cant do any upgrades. I just put in a new turbo last week because of a bad wastegate. I also had to change the water pump out the almost right after buying it. Meanwhile my 2007 Tahoe hasnt seen a garage for anything except oil changes. SMH.