A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

First oil change 2011 A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
If you are in the US, the first oil-change is free at 5k miles.
Thanks everyone for the responses.

Yes I am in the US - do I just let them know it is my first oil change? Should I have gotten a certificate when I got my car?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro86
Thanks everyone for the responses.

Yes I am in the US - do I just let them know it is my first oil change? Should I have gotten a certificate when I got my car?
They'll know it's @ 5K and time for the free service.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
They'll know it's @ 5K and time for the free service.
Awesome. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Even if it's not the same dealership I bought the car from?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I bought my car in Denver and had my first oil change done in Dallas. It's paid by Audi not the selling dealership. You will be fine. Yes I would recommended AudiCare if you are going to keep the car till 45 k.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
Yes I bought my car in Denver and had my first oil change done in Dallas. It's paid by Audi not the selling dealership. You will be fine. Yes I would recommended AudiCare if you are going to keep the car till 45 k.
Audi care FTW!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gary135r
Audi care FTW!
I beg to differ - AudiCare might just be a ripoff.

The discount from the total of payments for the 4 services is only around 35%. That's not that big a deal considering you are paying them years in advance.

And if you dont put a lot of miles on the car you may take a long time to reach those mileage levels. And how many people trade-in their car long before the 45K mileage level is reached.

No thanks, I'll pay as I go
Old 12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphatero

The discount from the total of payments for the 4 services is only around 35%. That's not that big a deal considering you are paying them years in advance.

And if you dont put a lot of miles on the car you may take a long time to reach those mileage levels. And how many people trade-in their car long before the 45K mileage level is reached.

35% discount is nothing to sneeze at imo. Personally I bought the AudiCare with the mindset that I was going to keep my vehicle at least through the warranty period plus. every situation is different, but I like to budget my life (that's why I buy oil service plans here in maine)for the extra added piece of mind.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok sure if you trade-in your car before 45K, it might be a rip off, but I dunno, usually I'd want to look into a new car at some point after the factory warranty runs out.

If you plan on owning the car for 50k miles, AudiCare's 35% savings off $1000 is an obvious win.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

At least at my dealership, if you sign up for AudiCare they knock some digits off of your lease factor which goes a long way towards offsetting your cost. It is in their interest to do so because when you turn the car in, they have proof that it was properly maintained during the lease which helps provide assurance for the next owner.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by quattro86
It's coming that time for my first oil change in my new 2011 A4.

I called Audi and they quoted me at $140-150.

Is there any reason I can't take it to a cheaper place like JiffyLube or Midas and have it done for cheaper?

If I do take it to somewhere other than Audi, what type of oil should I use?
??
Is there any reason I can't take it to a cheaper place like JiffyLube or Midas and have it done for cheaper?
??

LOL
taking your chances if you go to a cheesy vendor such as those you mentioned.

you think they really stay in business just by doing $20 oil changes?
A sceptic may think they do a bit of "business development" when they have access to your car.

just saying

Craig

Quick Reply: First oil change 2011 A4