A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

First Car Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
@OP, I hear you about the reasons why you want a Q or the Avant. There is time for you to be reasonable later in life. Get yourself a 2009 Porsche Boxster for this money and have fun.
Because that is being very reasonable

He wants AWD, Xenon, nav, cold package, PDC (whatever that is), and #5 has been skipped on the list. He could look at Subaru, but considering his comments about more prestigious brands, it anticipate that would be beneath him.

I am not sure what's wrong with a brand new A3+cold weather+$150 Garmin, but he seems to prefer used but more loaded.

Reasonable would be to get a base GTI. FWD+winter seem good enough for the masses, and the GTI would be a blast outside of winter.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
@Randolph, 2.0T has a timing chain. To be honest, I don't see much of a difference in how it sounds compared to a 6-cylinder. Can't hear the engine inside if you don't push it anyway. Have you driven a tuned 2.0? It's a major difference for 1500 bucks (from Stasis). I agree on the oil issue. I don't keep count of how many people have posted on AZ about buying 2009 CPOs and running low on oil a few weeks after that!
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the B8 2.0 has a chain. My bad. Thats a nice positive imho. Now it makes sense as to why I don't see a T-belt service for it on the maintainance schedule but it does show for the 09 A4 Cabriolet. (09 cab is still a B7)

I've never driven a tuned 2.0, just a factory spec car. Both engines are quiet from inside and outside the car but there is a big difference in sound when you get on it which I like. As to the Stasis tune, I was under the impression that you could get anything Stasis installed (at the dealer) and it was backed by Audi. My local dealer is a Stasis rep. If thats the case I'm all for it but I've read other stuff that leads be to believe that it's not backed by Audi.

Btw, I like the specs on your car. Love the light grey interior with walnut. Thats what we wanted but settled on black with walnut. Also was thinking about the chrome exhuast tips.

R
Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Randolph
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the B8 2.0 has a chain. My bad. Thats a nice positive imho. Now it makes sense as to why I don't see a T-belt service for it on the maintainance schedule but it does show for the 09 A4 Cabriolet. (09 cab is still a B7)

I've never driven a tuned 2.0, just a factory spec car. Both engines are quiet from inside and outside the car but there is a big difference in sound when you get on it which I like. As to the Stasis tune, I was under the impression that you could get anything Stasis installed (at the dealer) and it was backed by Audi. My local dealer is a Stasis rep. If thats the case I'm all for it but I've read other stuff that leads be to believe that it's not backed by Audi.

R
Yes, the 09 cab is a B7. The Stasis tune is not backed by Audi. It's a Stasis warranty that matches Audi's 50k miles.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Found a car right here in Chicago at Fletcher Jones, test drove it, and I'm picking it up tomorrow evening. It's a 2009 Ice Silver Metallic A4 3.2 Prestige with Drive Select and the 18" rims. Driven only here in the city, garaged, with only 23,000 miles on it. It's absolutely perfect. The only thing I'll miss is those LED tails, but I wasn't too invested in them to begin with, and I can always have a pair retrofitted at some point. Now it's time to buy me a winter set. Any suggestions? I'll post pictures when I can.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JNeth522
Found a car right here in Chicago at Fletcher Jones, test drove it, and I'm picking it up tomorrow evening. It's a 2009 Ice Silver Metallic A4 3.2 Prestige with Drive Select and the 18" rims. Driven only here in the city, garaged, with only 23,000 miles on it. It's absolutely perfect. The only thing I'll miss is those LED tails, but I wasn't too invested in them to begin with, and I can always have a pair retrofitted at some point. Now it's time to buy me a winter set. Any suggestions? I'll post pictures when I can.
Where in upstate are you going to school? I am in upstate,ny also (Syracuse)

ALWAYS go blizzaks for winter tires. Nothing better out there....
Old 07-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zepharus
Where in upstate are you going to school? I am in upstate,ny also (Syracuse)

ALWAYS go blizzaks for winter tires. Nothing better out there....
I'll be at Bard over in the Rhinebeck/Red Hook area. I've also heard great things about Blizzaks and I've since spec'd my winter set on Tire Rack.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here it is!!! I have the infamous vibration, so the dealership is taking the steps to remedy it. They're going to check the wheels and replace any if they find damage, and if that doesn't fix it, they'll replace my control arms as necessary. Otherwise, the car is fantastic. I have one niggle, though. The silver dash trim that surrounds the screen and instrument panel rattles as part of the steering wheel vibration, so I've fashioned a little piece of insulation with a folded up parking sticker and placed it in between the panel and the trim. Noise is gone. I will have the dealer place some felt tape behind the piece when I go in.
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Used 2012 Golf R - I just sold mine for $22000. All wheel drive, fun to drive and practical..