A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Do you want GOOD service at your dealership? Some tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankoman
Hi,

Thought I would jump in on this thread as well, since we are talking about good customer service.

Every now and then you come across a team that really works in a good way. My experience with the sales and service guys at Napletons on Riverside Blvd in Loves Park close to the Rockford area has been simply superior. I could write a very long story, but will mention some of the highlights :

- During the purchasing process, they informed me the same second they got information about the MY 2010 cars, even before customer material was available. Thanks to this, I got a car with 3G MMI instead of the older version.

- The service department helped me out with the squeeking clutch issue, even before the official TSB was relased in NA. I did show them the ROW TSB and that was enough for them to start the repair process (order parts). The official US TSB then actually got released a day or two before the car went in for service.

- The car had severe vibration issues right after delivery, which they helped me out with in the most professional way (looked at alignments etc.). Later they even switched out the control arms to the new R-versions.

- As I was taking my car overseas, the service tech did teach me things to look out for when doing the services (I will do all future services myself, as the "long life" service prices in EU are ridiculous)

- Many other smaller details.

What worked in this case, in my opinion, was that I had access to the Erwin.audi.com database, and could discuss many of the technical issues in the same language as the service techs. But, that is just a sidenote. The staff at Napletons were really helpful in any way they could, all through the time I was living in the area. I was many times amazed when reading how other Audi customers were treated by other shops.

I would go back and buy all my next cars from the same place if I could, but unfortunately I don't live in the area anymore. But, if you live close by, I recommend you to go in and chat with the salesguys.

To all of you working there, thanks once more for all your superior service.

Wow! Thank you for the nice words. Being Audi/VW freaks sure does help. OPs post is spot on. FOTB is always a good place to be, no matter what business or industry for sure!!