A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

buy 2013 a4 or wait for 2014 model ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buy 2013 a4 or wait for 2014 model ?

should i wait for the 2014 model or buy the 2013 one now ?

i liked the feel of the car over the bmw.so it is an audi for me .
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by shanxny
should i wait for the 2014 model or buy the 2013 one now ?

i liked the feel of the car over the bmw.so it is an audi for me .
I am in the same boat. When I check prices through truecar.com (via consumer reports), the street price of 2013 seems to have gone up by $1500 or so, despite there being credits. I don't know if it is a truecar.com glitch or whether inventories are getting low. For that kind of pricing, might as well get a 2014. In my case, I will almost surely order since local inventories are mostly black on black for manuals.

With 2014, you will have some S-line stuff thrown in (may be a + or a - for you).
Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new models will be on the water soon. When that happens there will be lower prices to be had on current inventory. There are some "goodies" being added to the MY 14 cars free of charge to attract your attention.

Keep in mind that buying a MY 13 car now will have one year of depreciation built into the car. Your MY 13 will be worth $4K to $8K less than a MY 14 car bought the same day.

Audi inventories are small because of the small dealer network. They tend to have only the most popular colors and options in stock. If that is not you, you should place an order and seriously consider European Delivery. ED saves you enough to pay for the trip. If you are going to Europe anyhow, it is a no brainer. You can get ED prices without the wait if you are not picky. There are always some cars in the system that the deal has fallen through, and you can get those without a long wait.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP,

why are you thinking about waiting for the 2014? The 14's are still the same B8 generation. Did you just want a 1yr newer car since it's so close to their release, or were you wanting a newer generation? Because that _might_ be 2015.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Moviela
There are some "goodies" being added to the MY 14 cars free of charge to attract your attention.
Can you name some? I know some 2013 options come standard in MY 2014, but the price was increased as well. E.g. the 2014 premium model contains the 'convenience package' built-in, but the price was increased by $1300, so it's not free of charge by any means.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I noticed that in order to get fold down rear seats on the 2014 Premium model you have to get the Cold Weather package. What year did fold down rear seats become optional on the A4? It's weird for this feature to be part of the cold weather package as it seems unrelated but glad that it's at least available on the Premium trim. Any idea how much the CWP and MMI nav option (for Premium models w/o Audi Connect and rear view camera/parking sensoes) will cost?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I noticed that in order to get fold down rear seats on the 2014 Premium model you have to get the Cold Weather package. What year did fold down rear seats become optional on the A4? It's weird for this feature to be part of the cold weather package as it seems unrelated but glad that it's at least available on the Premium trim. Any idea how much the CWP and MMI nav option (for Premium models w/o Audi Connect and rear view camera/parking sensoes) will cost?
I used to have a BMW and fold down seats were part of the cold weather package there. It's like a skiing thing.. seat folds down so you can put skis in the trunk, and things like that.

My 2009 P+ came with fold down seats. I don't remember with that was standard on the Premium.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 224 Likes on 188 Posts
Default 2014 new 2.0 engine.....

Originally Posted by ports
OP,

why are you thinking about waiting for the 2014? The 14's are still the same B8 generation. Did you just want a 1yr newer car since it's so close to their release, or were you wanting a newer generation? Because that _might_ be 2015.
220 HP, extra fuel injector in intake manifold to minimize/prevent carbon builup on valves. I believe that this alone is worth the price difference.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
Like many manufacturers, Audi has been trying to find ways to cost-cut over the years. The trip computer was once standard, like folding rear seats. Tough staying competitive and keep the costs down at the same time.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ports
OP,

1 yr newer car since it is so close to release
probably technologically better?
For about the same money ( maybe slightly higher) , u get to show off the newer model :-) for a while.

balanced against
I do need to buy this thing quickly ( next few days, have taken too long about it), would feel stupid if 2014 models at good deals came available hours/days after I buy

unnecessarily paying for one year deprecation?
glitches in the new model

Quick Reply: buy 2013 a4 or wait for 2014 model ?