A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

bad day! :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The jerks who deserve tickets don't get them.

Driving is more dangerous today than any time in my 54 licensed years. Sunday I attended the Concoures 'd Elegance in Greenwich CT. After ogling the Bugattis, Gull Wings, classic Ferraris, and 4th wives of attending billionaires I drove a short 5 miles south on I-95 to Westchester's temple if pizza, Sal's of Mamaroneck.

I was frightened by a late model Corvette and some 1980's exotic sports car recklessly weaving in and out and seriously speeding while tailgating each other on this congested interstate. Then I had to pass on the right some lady in an SUV hogging the left lane below the speed limit while staring into the Blackberry she held in her face.

The drunks, dumb phone texters, unlicensed illegals with bald tires, and boy racers are murderers. A safe 75 is the new 55 (despite the limit) on many roads here and the troopers can pick us off like a passenger pigeon shoot.

The ticket stings but the insurance premium bump burns.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every state is different but here in PA you can usually end up paying the fine without getting any points or notices on the driving record. To do so, plead not guilty and go to court. Once there tell the cop or judge that you have a clean driving record and want to keep it that way. The citation is then changed to something else, so municipality gets your cash but your driving records stays clean.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That happened to me in NY. The Trooper who gave me the ticket told me what to tell the judge. I pleaded guilty to a reduced infraction like a bad taillight.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry guys. i do plan to do whatever it's legal and follow the law. i had a old bimmer and switched to a 2.0T. (just not use to the quick turbo) I am not saying the police officer is wrong or I am right. I was merely stating it was not a good feeling getting a ticket with a new car that I barely own for 2 weeks (after driving a my previous car for the last 11 years.)

I will just read the good posts on this forum. sorry to all members if I have caused problems.

jp
Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

will do. at least the police officer was nice. i was a few car length behind a group of six cars. (just turned right after the cars passed me and i followed them.) i will have to say, i was trying to figure the nav while not fully pay attention to the road.)

i have since pay full attention to the way i drive/break-in the avant. drive like how i drive the old bimmer...slowly
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Following the law means your right to fight the ticket. THATS THE LAW. Giving in and paying is admitting guilt. Which means you intentionally meant to speed...from what I gather you hdidn't have the intentions to break the law.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eaniemeanie
Following the law means your right to fight the ticket. THATS THE LAW. Giving in and paying is admitting guilt. Which means you intentionally meant to speed...from what I gather you hdidn't have the intentions to break the law.

thank you. i will be going to court. (i remember after i was given the ticket, there are more cars being stopped. i had gone back to that street and see how i can go that fast after making a right turn....definitely would not do a 0-60 with 4 ppl on a car that has less than 500 miles...)

thank you for email.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Often if you go to the trouble to contest the ticket and show up to court, they will plea-bargain the offense down and you pay the fine with no points. They usually just want their revenue and don't care about your driving record. It's usually worth it to at least go through the motions of contesting the ticket rather than just paying it.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

One other thing that has not been mentioned:

Court dates are set up many months ahead after your not guilty plea. Even if you show up in court and are found guilty, points will start from the date of your offence, not from the date of convition. This means instead of, for example in New York, having points stay 3 years on your licence they only stay for 2.5. You may be able to renew your insurance at lower rates in the meantime as well.

IMHO, this reason alone makes a good argument for always challenging a speeding ticket.