A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Bad A4 experience, what did you replace it with

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad A4 experience, what did you replace it with

Hello all, from reading the forum it sounds like some A4 owners had a bad ownership experience like I did, and got rid of it. This thread is not intended to relive any of the issues we had with our cars. I'm interested in hearing what others got to replace it.

I got a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T, and I'm happy so far.

Please share...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by surfcity rings
Hello all, from reading the forum it sounds like some A4 owners had a bad ownership experience like I did, and got rid of it. This thread is not intended to relive any of the issues we had with our cars. I'm interested in hearing what others got to replace it.

I got a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T, and I'm happy so far.

Please share...
I got rid of a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T, which was a piece of s**t and replaced it with an Audi A4 which I love

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

After my poor ownership experience I got rid of my A4 and got a BMW 535i x drive. Audi could stand to take some customer service lessons from BMW. There is no place for arrogance and rudeness in the car business today.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

After my great, 4 year experience with an '09 A4 3.2 B8, I bought a '13 A6 3.0.
A4 - 8 out of 10, A6 - 9 out of 10. No arrogance or rudeness experienced here. (When I go in for service, it's like "Cheers" where everybody knows my name).
Old 05-10-2013, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd put this on a bumper sticker and drive around with it, if I wasn't so against stickers on my car.

The Koreans make VCR's not cars. If I need to eject a DVD, I'll call Hyundai. If I'd like to survive an accident, and drive a real automobile... I am going to call the Germans.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to meet a horrible BMW dealer. Visit Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL. They tried to sell me a dealer used car with 5000 miles on it, no extended warranty to 55000 miles, for FULL MSRP. On top of that, someone had smoked in the car, there were ashes in the ash tray, and they claimed no one had.

I forget the jokers names in Champaign, IL. That BMW dealer ran off with the keys to my 325XI when I test drove a 328xi. They took 15 minutes to find them after I said I didn't want to buy the 328xi at their price. I had called the local non-emergency police number and was in the process of talking to them, when the manager showed up and said "here's your keys, they were on my desk".

Sud's Audi in Bloomington is fairly rude. I can deal with rude salespeople, you only see them once. I worked them down to 10% off MSRP on a $41,000 A4. I was happy, he was pissed. Great!

I've met Ford, Honda dealers that have made my skin crawl. 3 different VW dealers have all been very rude and offensive. Last VW dealer in Rockford, IL gave me the keys to a car to test drive, when I came back 10 minutes later, he accused me of stealing his car and taking it unauthorized.

I've met ****ty Lexus dealers too.

The truth is, every brand has good and bad dealers, and good and bad people working for it.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced my 2009 A4 P+ sport with a 2012 A4 S-line Presitige. Love mine. When my lease expires I will be 73. Tesla?....

Great sales and service at Classic in Eastchester NY.

My wife has an A4 also.

Last edited by Barrels41; 05-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be happy renting a Hyundai Sonata at the airport. Beats the Impala or Charger they try to inflict on me.

I rented a Genesis once as was very impressed at it's value and comfort. Not for ski trips though. Give me Quattro and fold down rear seats. 4 winter tires.

Last edited by Barrels41; 05-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ports
If you want to meet a horrible BMW dealer. Visit Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL. They tried to sell me a dealer used car with 5000 miles on it, no extended warranty to 55000 miles, for FULL MSRP. On top of that, someone had smoked in the car, there were ashes in the ash tray, and they claimed no one had.

I forget the jokers names in Champaign, IL. That BMW dealer ran off with the keys to my 325XI when I test drove a 328xi. They took 15 minutes to find them after I said I didn't want to buy the 328xi at their price. I had called the local non-emergency police number and was in the process of talking to them, when the manager showed up and said "here's your keys, they were on my desk".

Sud's Audi in Bloomington is fairly rude. I can deal with rude salespeople, you only see them once. I worked them down to 10% off MSRP on a $41,000 A4. I was happy, he was pissed. Great!

I've met Ford, Honda dealers that have made my skin crawl. 3 different VW dealers have all been very rude and offensive. Last VW dealer in Rockford, IL gave me the keys to a car to test drive, when I came back 10 minutes later, he accused me of stealing his car and taking it unauthorized.

I've met ****ty Lexus dealers too.

The truth is, every brand has good and bad dealers, and good and bad people working for it.
jeez man, ever think it might just be that you are a dick when you go in to dealers? one or two bad experiences, OK, but....
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alphatero
I got rid of a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T, which was a piece of s**t and replaced it with an Audi A4 which I love

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
That's funny since i got rid of my piece of s**t Audi A4, and got a Sonata.

Make sure to put plenty of oil in your trunk for those frequent refills....

Quick Reply: Bad A4 experience, what did you replace it with