A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

First Audi - Supplier Program Discount Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Audi - Supplier Program Discount Questions

Hey guys,

I'm looking to lease my very first Audi and I'm looking for as much information as possible before visiting a dealership here in Phoenix, AZ area. This is actually the first time purchasing a car in the USA as I'm originally from Canada.

1. When do the new 2013 / 2014 models typically release for Audi? The last thing I want to do is lease a 2012 A4 a month before the new model ships.

2. I am looking for the lowest lease price and I'm curious if different times are better to go to a dealership than others - end of the month, end of a quarter, etc.

3. I have a supplier discount through my employer and I'm curious if the 6% is pretty set, or if there is wiggle room with negotiation between dealerships. Also I've read that AudiCare and other accessories are often thrown in as well, is this what I should be expecting?

If I think of any further questions, I'll add it to this thread. Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by djchrisallen
Hey guys,

I'm looking to lease my very first Audi and I'm looking for as much information as possible before visiting a dealership here in Phoenix, AZ area. This is actually the first time purchasing a car in the USA as I'm originally from Canada.

1. When do the new 2013 / 2014 models typically release for Audi? The last thing I want to do is lease a 2012 A4 a month before the new model ships.

2. I am looking for the lowest lease price and I'm curious if different times are better to go to a dealership than others - end of the month, end of a quarter, etc.

3. I have a supplier discount through my employer and I'm curious if the 6% is pretty set, or if there is wiggle room with negotiation between dealerships. Also I've read that AudiCare and other accessories are often thrown in as well, is this what I should be expecting?

If I think of any further questions, I'll add it to this thread. Thanks
1. Most 2013 models are now available to order as the pricing is published. The first cars will likely be available in July or August. It will take about 90 days if ordered.

2. Audi often subsidizes lease money factors but it's always a good idea to check around for the best rates. As to best time to buy, I would say end of model year (less choices) and end of month can sometimes be a good time to buy off the lot. If ordered, it really doesn't matter - the dealer only gets credit for delivered cars, not orders.

3. I just went through ordering a 2013 A6 with the supplier discount and met resistance by 4 dealers in the MA-RI area to go beyond the 6% discount. This was probably due to ordering a new 2013 - if I had found a 2012, I probably could have done a bit better. That said, my dealer who I've purchased from before, did work with me on my trade than the others did by $2K.
As for Audi Care, nothing is "thrown in". The dealer makes very little margin on Audi Care so if it's given free, it's no different than if you got a further discount. As I stated, I had no success in getting more than the 6% Supplier discount including getting Audi Care. Be advised, the Supplier program is currently for 2012 models. They will hopefully be publishing the 2013 version soon.