A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi Care Questions (alot...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts
Default This isn't hard...

[quote=kiki143;23755762]What exactly does it cover? From my understanding it covers scedhuled maintenance? What does that entail? Does it include oil changes?

Direct from the Audi USA website:

"The Audi Care New Vehicle Plan covers the manufacturer-required regularly scheduled maintenance services at 15,000 miles, 25,000 miles, 35,000 miles, and 45,000 miles, or 5 years from the original vehicle in-service date, whichever comes first.

The cost of Audi Care is $740 MSRP"

Nothing else is covered (including in between oil changes and tire rotation/balancing as has been reported on other forums).

If you plan on using dealer service vs your own independent and you plan on keeping the car long enough and/or drive enough miles to take advantage of all the services, then it's not too bad a deal. I understand that the 45K service is the most comprehensive and most expensive.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First oil change is included in the 5k mile maintenance (this is free with the car). The Audi car will cover oil changes at maintenance intervals of 15k, 25k, 35k, 45k... uh... think it ends at 45k or 55k, don't have the paperwork here with me at work. But pretty much covers oil changes at every 10k interval after the first 5k maintenance. They say the car is fine for every 10k, you can change it more often if you want at your own expense. I haven't decided yet if I will get it changed more often than the 10k yet.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dealer Can Tell You

All this "I think" "recall" "he said, she said" is pretty funny!

If you read the manual it breaks down in detail the maint schd. Supplemental info was sent out to owners for 35K spark plug replacement. Check with dealer about Audi care brochure but you'll find that it covers all the thinks in the manual with the exception of tire rotations. You'll be paying about $50 for each one of those and I would recommend rotating more than every 10K miles. Oil changes are 10K but again depending on driving conditions. If you're in extremely hot or cold weathers or use the car beyond what's normal (hauling for example), a 7K schd may be appropriate.

You can also price out how much all this will cost to perform by an independent reputable audi mechanic outside the dealer and may find it to cost much less (don't rely on jiffy lube which cannot reset the service light after your oil change) - go to the pro's (which may or may not necessarily be the dealer...)
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I understand that the 45K service is the most comprehensive and most expensive.
I read nothing in manual that suggests there is anything special about the 45K service. Let me know if you've seen otherwise.

Also Edmunds.com breaks down the schd as well when I check back in Nov last year but when I checked recently it had no posting for it yet.

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/d...ge=0&zip=85251
Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default What....

is a 3k oil change? That is not required maintenance and just wastes resources...
Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CEB
is a 3k oil change? That is not required maintenance and just wastes resources...
There is no such think as a 3K oil change in the Audi manual.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since we're on the topic of oil changes... my current car has a maintenance light that pops on letting me know it's time to get the oil changed. Does the A4 have anything like that, or do you just keep track of it? I'm used to doing maintenance on my sportbike so I don't mind keeping track, just curious if the car "tells" you when it's time.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zendriver
Since we're on the topic of oil changes... my current car has a maintenance light that pops on letting me know it's time to get the oil changed. Does the A4 have anything like that, or do you just keep track of it? I'm used to doing maintenance on my sportbike so I don't mind keeping track, just curious if the car "tells" you when it's time.
There are time and mileage until next service values stored under "car" menu. Sort of a glorified sticker that service stations put on the windshield.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Car will tell you.

K
Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Zendriver
There is NOT an oil life monitor on the car as you might be familiar with on other vehicles that measure a number of variables and "count down" the % of oil life left.

The Audi "monitor" as stated by others is merely a time/miles monitor -- it does not take into account your driving habits, how long a car idles, etc.

Quick Reply: Audi Care Questions (alot...)