A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickG
Am thinking about getting in on this, does anyone know if this item is a genuine Audi part or some aftermarket maker? and since it comes with the euro plate holder, anyone know a good place to get the ugly US plate holder?
This grill will be made and shipped from China. I wouldn't bet the farm on fitment and quality of the material IMHO.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vtheman
This grill will be made and shipped from China. I wouldn't bet the farm on fitment and quality of the material IMHO.
Fitment has been confirmed to be excellent. A B8 owner bought one directly from the manufacturer because they didn't want to wait for the GB. Unfortunately, audizine has been systematically deleting threads related to the grill so there are not as many pictorials of the fit and quality.

I wouldn't be surprised if these are coming out of a Chinese factory that turns out oem Audi grills by day...

Anyway, I'm not invested in the GB... yet, but am considering one of each just to give me some options to change it up every now and then. The price is a STEAL! At the current GB price, you could buy 2 for less than the cost of the same ebay one ($499 at last check) These are already down to $190 and will drop to $174 if they hit 100. I think they are at 85 buyers now.

I think there are going to be a bunch of people that are bummed when the GB is over and the price goes up. I think there were 13 pages on Audizine of people bummed that they missed this grill on ebay when it was posted at $299. 2 guys scored it and the price on ebay jumped to $499.

Just my .02, fwiw.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What happened. I can't find the AZ GB, and the Massdrop link is dead. Is Massdrop down?? Was the AZ forum thread locked?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by coolspotz
Does anyone know if the installation is easy ?
I'm wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by Indycanard
What happened. I can't find the AZ GB, and the Massdrop link is dead. Is Massdrop down?? Was the AZ forum thread locked?
The whole massdrop site seems to be down...
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went ahead and ordered one, they did say its an aftermarket copy. its cheap so won't be out much if its junk.

anyone know where you can get a US license plate bracket for one of these?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indycanard
Yeah, as QUA77RO said, AZ has been locking all threads after a couple hours whenever there is a mention of massdrop or a groupbuy for this item.

The grille looks quality. Just look at those pictures at the beginning of the thread. That is the grille xBimmer bought from the same source prior to the group buy. xBimmer is a reliable B8er so I would trust him when he says fit and finish is excellent.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know how hard these are to put in?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://massdrop.com/audi-b8-a4-rs4-grill

That's the url. The site has been down a couple times but it's up as of right now. 130 people paid up so far. If you are interested, I would not wait long. It took me 2 days to get registered with MassDrop. Not sure if the problem was on their end or my email.. either way, the price is now down to $174.99 delivered to the U.S. including customs fees. Shipping from MassDrop to you is around $30.

Regarding Fitment Questions: You need to remove the bumper to install a grill properly on the B8. When you have removed the bumper a few times, it is a simple 30 minute process. My first time took me about an hour to get off as I was extra cautious and concerned about making sure I had removed all fasteners before popping it off.

Here is a link to an Audizine DIY thread.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is an interesting grille and the chatter on AZ was all positive. For those asking about installation, keep in mind that you will have to paint at steel cross remember that lives behind the stock grille. I have no personal experience with this but recall reading about this on AZ.

The potential price is making this quite tempting.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

this totally ended. fail for me.

Quick Reply: Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)