A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-23-2016, 10:44 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Audi A4 parking brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 parking brake problem

Hello ppl!

I have a problem with my parking brake. So I turn my car off and apply a parking brake then I leave car and lock him. After that parking brake keeps turning on and off. (light on P button and (P) sign on display.

Its like this:
Light stays turned on like 1min and then turns off and after 10sec lights go on (same on display). Never goes sleep.

Anybody got that problem?

Tnx

Audi A4 2009 Avant 2.0TDI
Old 06-03-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nedim
Hello ppl!

I have a problem with my parking brake. So I turn my car off and apply a parking brake then I leave car and lock him. After that parking brake keeps turning on and off. (light on P button and (P) sign on display.

Its like this:
Light stays turned on like 1min and then turns off and after 10sec lights go on (same on display). Never goes sleep.

Anybody got that problem?

Tnx

Audi A4 2009 Avant 2.0TDI
Sorry but we don't know as we never use it.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The delayed turn OFF is normal. Something activates it again. I would start with reading out possible error codes (with VCDS or at Audi).

Perhaps a faulty door switch could create this. Maybe check if the interior light also turns on.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This night I tryed without P brake and was it same... Battery drained again.

Cursors on dashboard start moving every minute and wierd sound from right back of car...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This night I tryed without P brake and was it same... Battery drained again.

Cursors on dashboard start moving every minute and wierd sound from right back of car...
The parking brake activates sometimes when you remove the key. That is the noise you hear. It is adjusting the brake pad clearance to compensate for pad wear.

The parking brake module is very sensitive to low voltage. That said how's your battery? It should be tested using a Midtronics or equal battery analyzer.

If the parking brake is exercising itself, I need to ask how's your rear pad thickness? Inner pad may be too thin to get a proper current through the EPB (Electro-mechanical Parking Brake) controller.

The first thing I would check is the switch. Is there any liquid spilled on it? Soda is terrible. It makes a sticky goo inside the switch. You can soak the switch in alcohol, and that will dissolve the sugar.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Tnx for advice will try today.

But what causes the movement of the indicators on dash board? (for speed and rpm) like 3mm move to right and back on 0. And I hear wired sound from front right side like that battery aktivate and deavtivate...

Sound from back right its like 3 time (tok tok tok)...
Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i have the same problem with mine its and audi a4 2013 model , have you been able to solve yours need help
Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Tnx for advice will try today.

But what causes the movement of the indicators on dash board? (for speed and rpm) like 3mm move to right and back on 0. And I hear wired sound from front right side like that battery activate and deavtivate...

Sound from back right its like 3 time (tok tok tok)...

i have the same issue with my audi a4 2013 . anytime i park i hear wired sounds from the front right side like the battery activates and deactivates also the indicators on the speedometer moves to the right and then back on 0. when this happens my parking brake also light also comes on and go off after 30 seconds. really need help my battery is draining at an alarming rate due to this
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude. Take it to to an Audi dealer. Sounds like your ECM has got some gremlins.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nostromo
Dude. Take it to to an Audi dealer. Sounds like your ECM has got some gremlins.
problem solved it was my a/c pressure switch

Quick Reply: Audi A4 parking brake problem