A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

MMI VAG-COM programming

Old 11-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI VAG-COM programming

can i program my MMI to hold more than 3000 songs? fix it so that the iPod and SD card will global shuffle? also, fix the issue of the windows stopping rolling down when the power is switched off.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-12-2014, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It would surprise me if there was configuration setting that limits the number of songs.
Since the size on the HDD is limited to 20GB, I wouldn't be able to fit so many more anyway.
I'm guessing but it might also have to do with the voice command function that can play songs from a certain "album" or certain artist. Perhaps these lists have a limited size.

My work-a-round for the missing "global random" function on SD cards is to copy all songs to the same folder, in one card. If you like me have 2 SD-readers the other card holds the songs sorted into folders so I can either play them using "global" random or look up a song in a certain folder.

A hint, in case it will help you: The song limit on SD-kard is defined as 5000 songs per folder, but perhaps you will reach 32GB before that limit.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

there is a 3000 song limit - the harddrive is only 2/3 full but I can't add anymore songs. As to the SD card, yes, I can spend an hour of my time putting all my songs into one "folder", but I shouldn't have to - not to mention there's no voice control for the external sources. This MMI is infuriating in a $40K car, its a simple case of ****-poor programming decisions.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm also disappointed by the lack of global random from SD. If you want a hint, I copy all songs from all different folders into one folder using just one copy/paste command. The trick is to use the search function in windows explorer and let it find all *.mp3 files in all sub folders, then I paste them all into one folder.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Help with shuffle

I am trying to shuffle the songs stored in albums on my MMI memory card. I cannot get it to work even within the one album I am playing. What I want to do is random shuffle any song from any album. I am tired of all the commercials and talk on paid satellite radio. 2015 S4.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by djkyky
I am trying to shuffle the songs stored in albums on my MMI memory card. I cannot get it to work even within the one album I am playing. What I want to do is random shuffle any song from any album. I am tired of all the commercials and talk on paid satellite radio. 2015 S4.
Thanks
At least on the 3G+ (Nav) system the Folder selection is forced to ON when random play is active when playing from SD-cards. This limitation is consistent with the user guide. Global random play is only available from HDD or CD.

If random is not working within a folder you might have discovered some other problem. The folder depth on my cards is only one (i.e folders only at root level).