A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2010 sirius tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have a repair manual they can verify where it's located?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 2009 Bentley and EKTA (parts manual).

I don't see a component move for the 2010 MY. Why not just pull the panel in the trunk to confirm yourself?

John.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

unfortuntely it is all in one unit, the MMI, jukebox, etc. It looks like the GPS antenna, sirius antenna, fm antenna and optical connections all go into the one unit in the left trunk panel. I unplugged the wiring harness and MMI completely went away. Looks like I'm SOL for getting XM, I guess I'll be hoping they get bluetooth A2DP working in 3G MMI, or I might break down and buy an ipod.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbunting
unfortuntely it is all in one unit, the MMI, jukebox, etc. It looks like the GPS antenna, sirius antenna, fm antenna and optical connections all go into the one unit in the left trunk panel. I unplugged the wiring harness and MMI completely went away. Looks like I'm SOL for getting XM, I guess I'll be hoping they get bluetooth A2DP working in 3G MMI, or I might break down and buy an ipod.
I bought a cheap old nano that I just keep in the car...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I totally agree, coming from an older a4 with XM, the sound quality of Sirius is horrible. I've also noticed that the reception is also much worse; I think XM has more ground repeaters.

I got around this by downloading the Sirius/XM app for android and have the phone plugged directly into MMI through this:
http://www.audiwholesaleparts.com/pa...layCatalogid=0

The sound quality is much better (depending on the signal quality/bandwidth) and I lose reception less often (especially when I have my windsurfing gear on the roof).
Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you take a picture of the components in the left rear of the trunk? Also, do you have nav? If you see any part numbers, make a note of them. That gives me a better chance of looking through the parts manual to find the right image/parts.

I'm surprised if Audi have moved to a radio/sat combined as different locations in the world need different SAT tuners - it makes sense to make it a module.

It doesn't surprise me that you lost everything when unplugging the harness - there will be a fiber optic cable in there.... opening that breaks everything

Cheers,

John.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skip16
I totally agree, coming from an older a4 with XM, the sound quality of Sirius is horrible. I've also noticed that the reception is also much worse; I think XM has more ground repeaters.

I got around this by downloading the Sirius/XM app for android and have the phone plugged directly into MMI through this:
http://www.audiwholesaleparts.com/pa...layCatalogid=0

The sound quality is much better (depending on the signal quality/bandwidth) and I lose reception less often (especially when I have my windsurfing gear on the roof).
What's the "satelite radio unit" shown on that fische?

It looks as if it's up in th eheadunit / AMI area?

"I got around this by downloading the Sirius/XM app for android and have the phone plugged directly into MMI through this: http://www.audiwholesaleparts.com/pa...layCatalogid=0"

Also, anyone know if the Streaming BT audio unit shown on the fische will work with a '10? It says 09-10.

J
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

also, for those playing the home game, it looks like the satellite data subscription is on a different cycle than the satellite audio subscription. Over the past couple of days I noticed that the traffic data is gone as well, so I suppose they both are coming in over Sirius.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbunting
The antenna may be one unit for all systems, I didn't look that part up, but the Sat radio receiver sits under the MMI display in the dashboard. It is a serviceable unit with a part number and everything. However, I hate to rain on the parade, their does not exist and XM receiver for a swappable item. You may be able to swap in a XM receiver from a different vehicle, but in terms of available for the B8, nothing in North America.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the B&O and although the sound quality for Sirius isn't nearly as good as any other input (duh), the difference between inputs isn't NEARLY as big as in my B6 S4 with XM. In that car the XM was is compressed and dynamically challenged.

I have noticed a HUGE drop in reception with the B8. I lose signal every single time i drive under an overpass and that NEVER happened with XM in my B6. Also in my garage the B8 has zero Sirius signal and my XM had signal 90% of the time and only cut out every once in a while.

...just my observations.