A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

'11 A4 Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 A4 Exhaust Tips

My new car didn't come with the chrome exhaust tips. Is there an aftermarket source for slip on tips, and why do some have one outlet on each side (mine) and some have two on the left side? Thanks,
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2011's are supposed to come standard with chrome tips. You can buy them from the dealer for $130. As for where to get aftermarket tips I know I have seen them all over the place but not positive who has them and who doesn't - I would try ECS tuning first. A4 Avants and 3.2L A4 Sedans come with the split dual exhaust (cool) while 2.0T A4 Sedans come with single side dual exhaust (crappy). I need to change mine to split. Is that what you were asking or were you saying that you have seen A4 Avants with single side exhaust?

EDIT: MAKE YOUR DEALER INSTALL THEM FOR FREE BC THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE STANDARD! GIVE 'EM HELL!

Last edited by markinarch; 01-07-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markinarch
2011's are supposed to come standard with chrome tips. You can buy them from the dealer for $130. As for where to get aftermarket tips I know I have seen them all over the place but not positive who has them and who doesn't - I would try ECS tuning first. A4 Avants and 3.2L A4 Sedans come with the split dual exhaust (cool) while 2.0T A4 Sedans come with single side dual exhaust (crappy). I need to change mine to split. Is that what you were asking or were you saying that you have seen A4 Avants with single side exhaust?

EDIT: MAKE YOUR DEALER INSTALL THEM FOR FREE BC THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE STANDARD! GIVE 'EM HELL!
I understand now. I was looking at a sedan at the dealership and it had 2 on one side. As far as chrome tips being standard, where did you see that?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkgeiger
I understand now. I was looking at a sedan at the dealership and it had 2 on one side. As far as chrome tips being standard, where did you see that?
I think ECS Tuning has some for sale, $18 a pair.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They do, I just got a targeted email with the following..

http://www.ecstuning.com/marketing/OS/ES2143320/

Originally Posted by PDong
I think ECS Tuning has some for sale, $18 a pair.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered a pair and found out that ECS is 15 min from me. LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome tips are no longer options on 2011 model A4's. They are suppose to be standard. Read it somewhere. Also if you build a car on Audiusa there is no option to add chrome tips. But if you already got them for $18 I wouldn't sweat. I would still bring it up to the dealership to see what their response is.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered a pair and found out that ECS is 15 min from me. LOL
Those are the avant tips or A4 3.2 tips. Verify and make sure they work for your car since those are probably bigger in diameter. Check with ECS before you order.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Chrome tips are no longer options on 2011 model A4's. They are suppose to be standard. Read it somewhere. Also if you build a car on Audiusa there is no option to add chrome tips. But if you already got them for $18 I wouldn't sweat. I would still bring it up to the dealership to see what their response is.
Many options are not shown on the website (ie mats+liner, wheel locks, chrome tips etc), that doesnt mean they are now standard.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They aren't standard. It's $130 add-on fee to have them included in your order. I just ordered and had my car delivered less than 2 weeks ago. Had the same answer from two dealers, one of whom I know pretty well.

Quick Reply: '11 A4 Exhaust Tips