A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

'09 A4 engine management light has come on

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 A4 engine management light has come on

Hi all,

It's my first time posting here so please be gentle! Hoping someone can offer some advice with an issue I came across today with my B8 A4.

Whilst driving along the motorway today, the engine management light came on, followed by a low oil level warning about 2 minutes later. Believing they were related, I continued on my journey and have this evening just bought some oil and filled her up, hoping that would extinguish both of the warnings. However, the engine management light is still on!

Does anyone have any idea what it could mean? I know I'll probably get told that it could be one of several hundred things but thought I'd ask on the off chance that someone had come across this previously. The car is booked in on Monday for its MOT, so I can get them to sort it out then but I hoped there might be something I could do now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Djpota
Hi all,

It's my first time posting here so please be gentle! Hoping someone can offer some advice with an issue I came across today with my B8 A4.

Whilst driving along the motorway today, the engine management light came on, followed by a low oil level warning about 2 minutes later. Believing they were related, I continued on my journey and have this evening just bought some oil and filled her up, hoping that would extinguish both of the warnings. However, the engine management light is still on!

Does anyone have any idea what it could mean? I know I'll probably get told that it could be one of several hundred things but thought I'd ask on the off chance that someone had come across this previously. The car is booked in on Monday for its MOT, so I can get them to sort it out then but I hoped there might be something I could do now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
If it oil related and you filled oil back to normal, it'll take a few more runs before the check engine light reset & turn off. Best is to have scanner to read the codes (autopart stors?)and get a better understanding of what is all about. If they can clear the codes for you and see if the CEL light comes back.