A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

replacing headlights and APR stage 1 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing headlights and APR stage 1 upgrade

Ok,
I just bought a 2007 A4 2.0T and have a couple of questions. I am looking at the APR ECU upgrade stage 1. My wife drives this car half the time and really dont need the other stages. As I look at the website it does state there is no additional required hardware. It does say recommended hardware. Now, I am not looking to spend all kind of $$$ and do an exhaust so on and so forth. If I only do the stage 1 upgrade will that cause any problems on the long run if I dont upgrade anything else?

Also on the headlights, I am looking at the Sylvania ZXE are those any good? Does anyone have any experience with these? Or the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra? I think the Silverstar Ultra are brighter but still have that yellowish look. Am I wrong? I dont like the yellowish standard look. What else can be recommended.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

APR is more conservative than other tunes at Stage 1 so you will be fine in the long run. I do recommend upgrading your diverter valve to the revision D (piston type). You'll need it with the higher turbo boost pressure you'll have with Stage 1. The old diverter valve utilized a rubber diaphragm instead of a spring-piston relief system, so the it often ripped with the higher boost.

The rip won't be catastrophic to your car, it will just run like an NA engine because it won't hold boost.

It is a $60 dollar part (or so) and is an easy DIY.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shanster
APR is more conservative than other tunes at Stage 1 so you will be fine in the long run. I do recommend upgrading your diverter valve to the revision D (piston type). You'll need it with the higher turbo boost pressure you'll have with Stage 1. The old diverter valve utilized a rubber diaphragm instead of a spring-piston relief system, so the it often ripped with the higher boost.

The rip won't be catastrophic to your car, it will just run like an NA engine because it won't hold boost.

It is a $60 dollar part (or so) and is an easy DIY.

Thanks for the info... Highly appreciate it!
I am going to make an appt to have it installed in the next week or two. Local shop here on from APR website says they will install it.