A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboQuat 2.0
I'm looking for a chip, but have never bought one.

Simply put, which one is the best and why: APR, GIAC, or REVO? Thanks for your input.

hey i had the same question a while ago. i went to my local shop they said all are the same performance wise but Revo was the best way to go. APR runs thru your cruise control and he said there are a lot of problems with not being able to use cruise when you have the APR flash on.

i got the Revo 6 hr demo and would recommend it before buy. it was huge difference i was driving a totally different car. if i wasnt thinking of trading my car in for a '10 i would have it no questions asked.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by efett
i went to my local shop they said all are the same performance wise but Revo was the best way to go. APR runs thru your cruise control and he said there are a lot of problems with not being able to use cruise when you have the APR flash on.
This is definitely not true, I've never heard of a single case of something like that occurring.

From the http://goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_long.html website:

"APR's EMCS features and program modes are activated via your OEM cruise control buttons for ease of use and stealth. Your cruise control will continue to function as normal, but will give you the ability to scroll through the programs you have purchased with your APR ECU Upgrade. The procedure is simple and involves only two steps."
Old 09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats just waht i was told. my shop use to carry the APR but he switched to Revo because they were having problems. I dont know if they have since changed it to work better. but the Revo is a good product
Old 09-25-2009, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

On my B5 I had MTM k04 software and loved it.
On my B7 I have APR, and it's not bad. I would have bought MTM again, but the car had APR on it. Right now a fully loaded APR flash is on sale, which makes it a great deal.

Originally Posted by TurboQuat 2.0
I'm looking for a chip, but have never bought one.

Simply put, which one is the best and why: APR, GIAC, or REVO? Thanks for your input.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

APR also has a trial that lasts for 6 hrs. My cousin owns a performance shop in Illinois and he gave me the trial and said it would give my A4 2.0T about an extra 50 hp. Really felt it and thinking about getting it chipped now. But I think u should try the trial first b4 commiting to anything.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

i had the same question as well, i heard A LOT about APR's chip and that it is all the rant across Audi Drivers on Long Island. thinking about doing it.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

i just got the apr flash on my 07 2.0T, i highly recommend it, i feel stupid for not doing it years ago. they offer a trial period but the guy at my local shop said the trial software does not erase itself and can be found by the dealer. it could have been a sales pitch but after driving my car with the flash for a week now i dont know why anyone wouldnt buy it after the trial. from what i've read they're all pretty much the same and all worth it. do it!