A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Chip

I'm looking for a chip, but have never bought one.

Simply put, which one is the best and why: APR, GIAC, or REVO? Thanks for your input.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboQuat 2.0
I'm looking for a chip, but have never bought one.

Simply put, which one is the best and why: APR, GIAC, or REVO? Thanks for your input.
just a suggestion though. Try to find your nearest chip dealer, and choose from that. Its good to have local support incase anything happens.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am not sure about the other two, but REVO offers a 5 hour trial to see if you will like it or not. I have REVO and love it. I've never experienced the other two, so I can't compare. We have stage 1 Revo in both my A4 and our 1.8T Beetle and we love driving both cars, it really 'woke them up' so to speak.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

The APR chips are the highest rated out of reviews, but they're all fantastic chips and you should choose them based on location.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have APR Stage 1 and love it~ I was able to get the 6 hour test chip to see what the difference was~ check with all of the local distributors in your area, you;ll be able to get a feel for yourself. Worth every penny!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR has a 6 hour trial, they also have a 30 day money back guarantee so if you can find a ship that does free install you could essentially get a 29 day trial
Old 09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't waste your money on these. I was thinking about getting a performance chip too, but it looks like these things don't do crap. I was reading this article about it, and it looks like these things don't work at all
Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bimmer4life2009
Don't waste your money on these. I was thinking about getting a performance chip too, but it looks like these things don't do crap. I was reading this article about it, and it looks like these things don't work at all
yo Bimmer4life...why are you even on an Audi forum?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Apparently the general Audi tuners here on this board don't rely on those fake fooling device on top of the original ECU. They use technology that writes over the stock software with a new one.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dude...do some research before you make yourself look like a muppet. APR, Revo, GIAC etc rewrite the engine management programming on the ECU itself, it's not an addon bogus chip but real software that increases boost and remaps the the air and fuel to match. Chip tuning works well on forced induction motors, but rarely eeks out anything extra on normally aspirated engines unless they've been deliberately detuned...

Quick Reply: Performance Chip