A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

My welcome to Audi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My welcome to Audi!

Hi everybody,
Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just purchased Audi in March, having some problems.

I purchased my Audi A4 in March. Bought it as advertised A4 Quattro S line 2.0T. I could not believe how well this car handeled, and performed! Hands down, this is the nicest automobile I have ever driven.
A week ago, the car started running rough, hesitating, loss of power etc. My check engine light came on and gave me the code P0171 fuel trim lean bank 1. I had a mechanic look at it, that was familiar with Audi's. He put his scanner on it, recieved the same code, P0171. He told me to make an appointment with a dealer and have it diagnosed. The earliest appointment I could get was two weeks out 6/7/12. I found an independent mechanic on four rings website close to where I live. Drove the car to him, he ran a scan with his scanner, and he came up with fuel too rich. He noticed it had a high flow Cat, and performance exhaust. Then one of his associates noticed a aftermarket fuel pump? He said all it needs is a tune up, and the car should run just fine. He did notice, my air filter was very dirty.
So I have a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro base. The s line I came to find out was only exterior appearance? Has aftermarket components? The car has 53k on it.
Should I be happy, or concerned? This is my first experience with Audi. Any comments, or suggestions are welcomed.
Frank
Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wow! 63 people viewed my thread and not one reply? Is it just me? Or was I just the lucky one that was introduced to this " Luxury, performance car company that seems to have a ( seedy underbelly ) network!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FIA4#1
Wow! 63 people viewed my thread and not one reply? Is it just me? Or was I just the lucky one that was introduced to this " Luxury, performance car company that seems to have a ( seedy underbelly ) network!
Congrats for your Audi...
Audi a4 is one of the compact cars collection. It is consist of longitudinal oriented engine at front side. This car has been one of the best luxurious car models of Audi.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well here I am a few weeks later. Could not get a somewhat immediate appointment with a dealer, so I found an independent mechanic on fourrings.com. They did a tune up on my car, changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cabin filter. While they were putting car on lift, they noticed I had an after market exhaust system, forget the name, but mechanic said it was a three thousand dollar system. They also said I had a high flow cat, and high flow fuel pump.
The problem with my car was a split in my lower inter-cooler hose. They replaced that, and since I already had the after market mods, I went with a Revo stage 2 chip. Needless to say, I am one HAPPY Audi owner.
I was driving home from the mechanic on the interstate, when I noticed a VW Jetta coming up from behind via my rear view mirror. His car was tricked out, I could hear his exhaust before he pulled beside me. He looked at me, then took off, all I could see is black puffs of smoke as he rocketed away from me.I don't know what got into me, but I decided to see what my Audi had to offer, so I too climbed through the gears, caught up to him, then passed him, then leveled out with the Jetta. He looked suprised, I was suprised at the power of the Audi. I can only say, It was the fastest, I have ever gone in a car, I could not believe how effortless it was for the car, the scary part was I had alot left.
Reflecting, I won't be pulling that stunt again, unless I am on a race track. Now I need tires, 235/45/17. Any suggestions?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I highly recommend hankook ventus v12 evo tires. Fantastic value, great performance and very good tirewear